Forming a study group

Exploring the Dhamma, as understood from the perspective of the ancient Pali commentaries.
unveiledartist

Forming a study group

Post by unveiledartist »

:namaste:

Hey. I was thinking if you all want to form a study group. We will go through In The Buddha's Words by section per chapter. There would be the title, sutta citation (linked), except, reflective question(s), a dhamma talk (if found), and at the end or during the week tell us how you apply the sutta in your week. Specific discussions of application and advice.

Im a teacher and how best to learn Dhamma by following the Head Teacher himself? StickK.com has a commitment program. You create a commitment and track your progress. You can add referrees to help you along. We can do sctive study/application in action. Privacy options available.

If you guys are interested, let me know by saying "yes." Is there strings attached? Yep. Let us know which sec-tion in each chapter you are doing. Each week we will post the next topic/study under the create forum.

Thread title should have the chapter/section you are doing and sutta title. Go at your own speed. Keep track of the chapters but each chapter has its own thread for easy access.

This also helps beginners and experts alike remimber the basic With your peers. It will also waken this forum. I'll link IBW here.

If interested let me know here so we can work out a plan /schedule to keep the flow. We can discuss that here. This is weekly to keep up with time zones. Requred info title, recouce link, exerpt, and reflective question, application.

:thanks:
(Buddha said), "Monks, do not wage wordy warfare, saying: 'You don't understand this Dhamma and discipline, I understand this Dhamma and discipline'; 'How could you understand it? You have fallen into wrong practices: I have the right practice."~AN 4.183. Dont speak ill of other people and traditions with whom teach The Dharma. Right speech is respect in agreements and disagreements alike.

:anjali:
Polar Bear

Re: Forming a study group

Post by Polar Bear »

You may want to peruse the study group section of the forum viewforum.php?f=25

"I don't envision a single thing that, when developed & cultivated, leads to such great benefit as the mind. The mind, when developed & cultivated, leads to great benefit."

"I don't envision a single thing that, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about such suffering & stress as the mind. The mind, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about suffering & stress."
unveiledartist

Post by unveiledartist »

I cant. There isnt a create post since only staff can create threads as far as I remember the rules
(Buddha said), "Monks, do not wage wordy warfare, saying: 'You don't understand this Dhamma and discipline, I understand this Dhamma and discipline'; 'How could you understand it? You have fallen into wrong practices: I have the right practice."~AN 4.183. Dont speak ill of other people and traditions with whom teach The Dharma. Right speech is respect in agreements and disagreements alike.

halden

Post by halden »

I have been working with In The Buddha's Words and would love a study group.