Nibbana as Khandha-Vimutti

Exploring the Dhamma, as understood from the perspective of the ancient Pali commentaries.
Bakmoon

Nibbana as Khandha-Vimutti

Post by Bakmoon »

I remember hearing somewhere that Nibbana is described as being "liberated from the aggregates" or Khandha-Vimutti, but I don't know where exactly that is said, and would like to be able to cite it. Is that in a Sutta, a Commentary, or somewhere else, and could someone cite the passage and possibly quote it for me please?
The non-doing of any evil,
The performance of what's skillful,
The cleansing of one's own mind:
This is the Buddhas' teaching.
Cittasanto

Re: Nibbana as Khandha-Vimutti

Post by Cittasanto »

Bakmoon wrote:I remember hearing somewhere that Nibbana is described as being "liberated from the aggregates" or Khandha-Vimutti, but I don't know where exactly that is said, and would like to be able to cite it. Is that in a Sutta, a Commentary, or somewhere else, and could someone cite the passage and possibly quote it for me please?
All that comes to mind is the kāyasakkhi (Body Witness). see MN70

unless you are thinking of the Parinibbana of an arahant who is then released from the Khandha fully, I am not sure, the search didn't render anything in the canon anyway that I could immediately see.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill