Pope visits Thailand

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Pope visits Thailand

Post by DNS »

polo wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:37 am
DNS wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:05 am
polo wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:54 am Oh, the last bit, Angel Gabriel is a Arab (Hashemite tribe).
How is that possible? Gabriel predates the Hashemite tribe.

If this is too far off topic, you could answer over at:
https://dharmapaths.com/
You are right it was a mistake. I have always been confused. I once thought Donald Trump maternal grandmother was Chinese. She wasn't Chinese was she?
His mother was Scottish, she emigrated to the U.S., very far from China.

I heard he has a distant Jewish relative. Most of his children married Jews.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

gavesako wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:57 pm The Pope receives a copy of Phra Malai manuscript as a gift in Bangkok.
They have probably chosen this text because it also talks about heaven and hell and good and bad karma, and how beings can be saved through intervention from above (Phra Malai going down to visit hell and those beings are saved from their bad destiny).

https://graphicarts.princeton.edu/2018/ ... hra-malai/

Dont worry, pope can covvert to buddism if he want to but buddhist cant be converted because buddhist have personal experience and no way they will be converted to other religion. It is like someone forcing u to belive earth is flat when we knownfor sure earth is not flat. I have no idea why thai buddhist or srilankan buddhist worry about conversion from christian source in past and there were some fights recorded too. If some other religion tries to destroy the scriptures and monuments and execute followers of other religion then we have many agency to solve problem but induvidually a buddhist converting to other religion i dont understand
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
polo

Post by polo »

DNS wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:40 pm
polo wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:37 am
DNS wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:05 am

How is that possible? Gabriel predates the Hashemite tribe.

If this is too far off topic, you could answer over at:
https://dharmapaths.com/
You are right it was a mistake. I have always been confused. I once thought Donald Trump maternal grandmother was Chinese. She wasn't Chinese was she?
His mother was Scottish, she emigrated to the U.S., very far from China.

I heard he has a distant Jewish relative. Most of his children married Jews.
It seems to me you have all the informations of Trump at your finger tips. I feel so sad that this world hate jews- not only hate also openly do so. What have the jews done wrong i wonder.
Perhaps those jews in Isreal are right- that the Zionists must not establish the state of Isreal for doing so they will be driven to the sea (the dead sea?) The state will be annihilate. It was all foretold in their book of learning. How mysterious. A mysterious race too.
Sorry folks for not keeping to the Buddhist topic. Just a moment of excitement made me do it.