Mystic beings

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Post Reply
form
Posts: 1162
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 am

Mystic beings

Post by form » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 pm

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/largest-flyin ... 00792.html

The remains of such large animals is very seldom found. Maybe this is why remains of a Naga etc. has never been seen before.

justindesilva
Posts: 1007
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: Mystic beings

Post by justindesilva » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:19 am

form wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 pm
https://sg.yahoo.com/news/largest-flyin ... 00792.html

The remains of such large animals is very seldom found. Maybe this is why remains of a Naga etc. has never been seen before.
We understand that all sentient as nama rupa are mind and form. Mind of course not seen by eyes after a death vanishes from our awareness. Yet form (rupa) as from apo , tejo, vayo , patavi , apo tejo vayo diminishes from our conscience as of anitya with deterioration. Patavi as of its hardness remains for a time which from time to time is exposed. This is why remains of large animals are not seen.
Remains of a Naga as of its nature in form in structure will not remain to show its picture compared to a dinosaur or an elephant.

chownah
Posts: 8154
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Mystic beings

Post by chownah » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:49 am

Of course the most elusive mystic being is the delusional self.....neither its existence nor its remains are easy to discern.
chownah

User avatar
Aloka
Posts: 6201
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Re: Mystic beings

Post by Aloka » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:29 am

form wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Maybe this is why remains of a Naga etc. has never been seen before.
Remains of Nagas haven't been found because they are mythical creatures from Hindu, Jain, and Buddhist stories.

.

alfa
Posts: 356
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: India

Re: Mystic beings

Post by alfa » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:29 am

justindesilva wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:19 am
form wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 pm
https://sg.yahoo.com/news/largest-flyin ... 00792.html

The remains of such large animals is very seldom found. Maybe this is why remains of a Naga etc. has never been seen before.
We understand that all sentient as nama rupa are mind and form. Mind of course not seen by eyes after a death vanishes from our awareness. Yet form (rupa) as from apo , tejo, vayo , patavi , apo tejo vayo diminishes from our conscience as of anitya with deterioration. Patavi as of its hardness remains for a time which from time to time is exposed. This is why remains of large animals are not seen.
Remains of a Naga as of its nature in form in structure will not remain to show its picture compared to a dinosaur or an elephant.
Why do you say that? Dinosaur was also a large animal. If they can be found, then why not other large animals? :shrug:

polo
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:22 pm

Re: Mystic beings

Post by polo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:22 am

Aloka wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:29 am
form wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Maybe this is why remains of a Naga etc. has never been seen before.
Remains of Nagas haven't been found because they are mythical creatures from Hindu, Jain, and Buddhist stories.

.
In ancient days they had seen huge serpents which were just super large serpent nothing more, however, human imaginations run wild, they imagine all the horns and feets as well so you finally got your Nagas.
If a large reptile were to evolved into a nagas it would not last long and quickly die out because a reptile with horns and claws are not efficient to movement . The horns would be heavy for the head and the claws get in the way of movement. They wouldn't be efficient to hunt for other mammals to eat so they died out. Simple .
It's a mythical creature because we keep hoping it exists . It's a hope against hope. Nothing come out of it, still the story keep going on and on for generations.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 79 guests