Kundalini Yoga

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Meezer77

Re: Kundalini Yoga

Post by Meezer77 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:20 pm

form wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:24 pm
Someone here pointed out that the sutta on meditation stressed that the spine needs to be straightened when meditating. And kundalini forces indeed move up the spine from the base of the spine.

The problem with kundalini is that the energy is released from the unconscious part of the mind, unconscious part also contains much repressed memories and emotions. When one is not mentally ready to accept it, opening it causes much conflicts within oneself that can result in psychological disturbance in varying degree.

The Buddhist approach will also release repressed memories and emotions, but in a gentler manner.

I’m confused, all I want to do is get a bit of feel good from the exercises.

form

Re: Kundalini Yoga

Post by form » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:56 pm

Meezer77 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:20 pm
form wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:24 pm
Someone here pointed out that the sutta on meditation stressed that the spine needs to be straightened when meditating. And kundalini forces indeed move up the spine from the base of the spine.

The problem with kundalini is that the energy is released from the unconscious part of the mind, unconscious part also contains much repressed memories and emotions. When one is not mentally ready to accept it, opening it causes much conflicts within oneself that can result in psychological disturbance in varying degree.

The Buddhist approach will also release repressed memories and emotions, but in a gentler manner.

I’m confused, all I want to do is get a bit of feel good from the exercises.
Kundalini is potentially dangerous. If u want to just feel good, just do Theravada meditation and stopped art a stage where u feel relax. This is the recommendation from Carl Jung.