Q & A on my approach to kasina meditation

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Pondera

Re: Q & A on my approach to kasina meditation

Post by Pondera » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:39 am

Any success? Complaints?
What is “rupa” Jhāna? Here are four simple meditations on earth, water, fire, and wind - leading to tranquility and pleasure, rapture and equanimity - peacehttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1sdgpi ... hIz3wgz7ep

auto

Post by auto » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:36 pm

Pondera wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:39 am
Any success? Complaints?
yes, complaint on the claim of getting rid of anxiety like anxiety is trash.
While for real
anxiety is radiating from a body and to subdue it is to subdue nerve pain with your mind. Which is not possible even after many years of ceasing other things what could possible even get you so far, therefore asking for complaints or success is questioinable at first place.

form

Post by form » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:16 pm

Pondera wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:37 am
Hello all,

Frank k has encouraged me to start a thread about my short PDF on kasina meditation - and the type of soft “jhana-like” states that I achieve with them.

I’ve been able to conquer a really horrible case of lower back pain using these methods, and I’d be happy to share them with others who might be experiencing chronic nerve pain.

The link to the PDF is in my signature. Any and all questions are welcome.

:namaste:
U need to progressively open up all the chakras from lower to upper till the crown chakra (not technically a chakra). Then being able to simultaneously expand and purified all the colours together into bright white (luminosity) and keep it there. That is the first step.

Pondera

Post by Pondera » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:38 am

Yes. That’s the Kundalini way. I will not argue that. But there is also a way to incorporate the chakras plus the form elements.

Anxiety. Anxiety comes in two forms. And I know it’s distressing and I want to help.

The first form is anxiety about the future. It causes the heart to beat faster with a feeling of emptiness there which is quite unsettling.

My first piece of advice. Learn how to subdue the bottom of your heart. This will allow you to calm down that type of anxiety which tells you, “there is no time left. I can’t possibly do this in the amount of time that I have.”

The other type of anxiety is more notorious. It preys on “possibility”. Sadly, I cope with this problem through drinking coffee. And I admittedly have an attachment to coffee.

But there are alternatives. In the PDF in my signature I outline the method of attaining the wind kasina. This is the key to subduing the anxiety of possibility.

Basically, you have to crush the heart where the anxiety thoughts arise. How is that done?

The breathing diaphragm leads to the sacroiliac joint. Leads to the centre of the head. Leads to the wind element of the heart. If you identify the wind element of the heart you can control the very point where Māra launches his attacks.

Best of luck. PM me for any concerns. I’m only here to spread knowledge amongst those seriously afflicted by Māra.

And there is no doubt that Māra was a real entity for the Buddha. You and I are in the same league as the Buddha. We are fighting for our sanity before a force that is trying to take our sanity away!!!
What is “rupa” Jhāna? Here are four simple meditations on earth, water, fire, and wind - leading to tranquility and pleasure, rapture and equanimity - peacehttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1sdgpi ... hIz3wgz7ep