Buddhist Cosmology (1): Space, Time and Being

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
markandeya

Buddhist Cosmology (1): Space, Time and Being

Post by markandeya » Thu May 16, 2019 1:54 am

:anjali:

While still in early stages this video is maybe of some interest and a worthy project to develop to understand the suttas and the Buddhist path in general. I have only just found this and it seems there is a series , so i cant vouch to what they are saying, but it maybe of interest to some to understand what cosmology means in the dharma traditions and discoveries. They seem to be approaching it in an exploring tone, which is much better attitude than empirically isolating it all into observable facts with ordinary sense faculties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFTkpFsLfrs

Garrib

Re: Buddhist Cosmology (1): Space, Time and Being

Post by Garrib » Fri May 17, 2019 2:06 am

markandeya wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:54 am

While still in early stages this video is maybe of some interest and a worthy project to develop to understand the suttas and the Buddhist path in general. I have only just found this and it seems there is a series , so i cant vouch to what they are saying, but it maybe of interest to some to understand what cosmology means in the dharma traditions and discoveries. They seem to be approaching it in an exploring tone, which is much better attitude than empirically isolating it all into observable facts with ordinary sense faculties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFTkpFsLfrs

This is a really excellent series of conversations in my opinion. I love the content they are producing and sending out to the world at Birken Forest Monastery. Thank you Ajahn Sona and Ajahn Punnadhammo!