Against the stream centers shutting down

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
TRobinson465

Re: Against the stream centers shutting down

Post by TRobinson465 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:26 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:33 am
TRobinson465 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:25 am
When i say consensual sex. i dont mean unwholesome sex or some special Buddhist interpretation. i am using the term strictly as consensual as in "consent" between both parties.
There is no such thing as "consensual" sex because "consensual" implies free-will. If there was free-will, the complaints by the women would not have occurred. In the world of defilement, there is no "free-will". Women get seduced or women seduce and when it doesn't work out, they get angry & blame. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Sure. Whatever.
"Do not have blind faith, but also no blind criticism" - the 14th Dalai Lama

"At Varanasi, in the Deer Park at Isipatana, the Blessed One has set in motion the unexcelled Wheel of Dhamma that cannot be stopped by brahmins, devas, Maras, Brahmas or anyone in the cosmos." -Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta

"Go forth, monks, for the good of the many, for the happiness of the many, out of compassion for the world, for the welfare, the good and the happiness of gods and men. Let no two of you go in the same direction." - First Khandhaka, Chapter 11, Vinaya.

TRobinson465

Re: Against the stream centers shutting down

Post by TRobinson465 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:31 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:38 am
chownah wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:36 am
Buddhist doctrines don't explicitly cover all aspects of all behaviors. It is enough that consensual sex is widely understood and emphasized in lay life to see its importance in lay life.
Personally, I've never experienced consensual sex. Sex always ends up in some type of drama (of blame) when you stick around long enough.
My experiences differ than yours then.
"Do not have blind faith, but also no blind criticism" - the 14th Dalai Lama

"At Varanasi, in the Deer Park at Isipatana, the Blessed One has set in motion the unexcelled Wheel of Dhamma that cannot be stopped by brahmins, devas, Maras, Brahmas or anyone in the cosmos." -Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta

"Go forth, monks, for the good of the many, for the happiness of the many, out of compassion for the world, for the welfare, the good and the happiness of gods and men. Let no two of you go in the same direction." - First Khandhaka, Chapter 11, Vinaya.