Krishamuriti Musings (If mind = brain)

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Spiny Norman

Re: If mind = brain

Post by Spiny Norman »

Grigoris wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:07 am Anyway, I am too busy trying to unravel what the Buddha said without trying to delve into the deep and dark depths of Krishnamurti's mind as well. That is Krishnamurti's job, not mine. ;)
:goodpost:

And of course this is General Theravada discussion, so all the Krishnamurti stuff is :offtopic: here. I would appreciate it if people could be more mindful and considerate in the way they post.
Buddha save me from new-agers!
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

Dinsdale wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:21 am
Grigoris wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:07 am Anyway, I am too busy trying to unravel what the Buddha said without trying to delve into the deep and dark depths of Krishnamurti's mind as well. That is Krishnamurti's job, not mine. ;)

And of course this is General Theravada discussion, so all the Krishnamurti stuff is :offtopic: here. I would appreciate it if people could be more mindful and considerate in the way they post.
I understand what you are saying, but if you observe how the discussion unfolded, you would see that i only mentioned Krishnamurti to a member whom Krishnamurti's teachings seem relevant. Other discussants felt that they needed to talk about Krishnamurti to end talking about Krishnamurti!
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Bundokji wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:38 am
Dinsdale wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:21 am

I understand what you are saying, but if you observe how the discussion unfolded, you would see that i only mentioned Krishnamurti to a member whom Krishnamurti's teachings seem relevant. Other discussants felt that they needed to talk about Krishnamurti to end talking about Krishnamurti!
Fair enough, but this has been going on for some time, and it's getting tiresome. There are too many threads being derailed with off-topic, non-Buddhist discussion. Such discussion should really be taking place in the "Connections to other paths" forum.
Buddha save me from new-agers!
Circle5

Post by Circle5 »

These Krishnamurti ideas are wrong views according to buddhism:
14. The one who evades all questions thinking that answering them would be “attachment” to something.

15. The one who evades all questions fearing that he will be caught in his ignorance.

16. The one who evades questions because he is stupid.
https://dhammawiki.com/index.php/62_kinds_of_wrong_view

Many ideas expressed by Krishnamurti are wrong. What does belief in a self have do to with being able to create conclusions ? My antivirus can arive at the conclusion that a virus is present based on information and ability to process avaliable. In the same way, information + ability to process leads to conclusions in humans and any other organism or machine. It works the same everywhere, information + ability to process.

If all conclusions simply mean getting stuck in your own ignorance, then even this conclusion that Krishnamurti arived at, is also a wrong one and product of ignorance. For more refutations of postmodernism: viewtopic.php?t=29724
Attachments
Critical thought meme.jpg
Critical thought meme.jpg (226.96 KiB) Viewed 1020 times
Saengnapha

Post by Saengnapha »

:offtopic:
Circle5 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:48 am These Krishnamurti ideas are wrong views according to buddhism:
14. The one who evades all questions thinking that answering them would be “attachment” to something.

15. The one who evades all questions fearing that he will be caught in his ignorance.

16. The one who evades questions because he is stupid.
https://dhammawiki.com/index.php/62_kinds_of_wrong_view

Many ideas expressed by Krishnamurti are wrong. What does belief in a self have do to with being able to create conclusions ? My antivirus can arive at the conclusion that a virus is present based on information and ability to process avaliable. In the same way, information + ability to process leads to conclusions in humans and any other organism or machine. It works the same everywhere, information + ability to process.

If all conclusions simply mean getting stuck in your own ignorance, then even this conclusion that Krishnamurti arived at, is also a wrong one and product of ignorance. For more refutations of postmodernism: viewtopic.php?t=29724
:offtopic: :oops: