On U.G. Krishnamurti:The Dharma Seals Of A Non-Buddhist

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
auto

Re: On U.G. Krishnamurti:The Dharma Seals Of A Non-Buddhist

Post by auto »

Saengnapha wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:56 pm
auto wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:32 pm
I think your own discernment falls short. UG didn't tell to drop practices.
Perhaps your reading falls short. I said nothing about him telling people to drop practices. He never gave any practice.
He gives practices by what he says. Its not spelled out onto a paper. You are also doing same, you have commandments in what you write.
Saengnapha

Post by Saengnapha »

auto wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:06 pm
auto wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:32 pm
I think your own discernment falls short. UG didn't tell to drop practices.
Perhaps your reading falls short. I said nothing about him telling people to drop practices. He never gave any practice.
He gives practices by what he says. Its not spelled out onto a paper. You are also doing same, you have commandments in what you write.
If you are interpreting what he says as some kind of system, you have misunderstood.
auto

Post by auto »

Saengnapha wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:31 pm
auto wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:06 pm

If you are interpreting what he says as some kind of system, you have misunderstood.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System
A system is a regularly interacting or interdependent group of units forming an integrated whole.[1] Every system is delineated by its spatial and temporal boundaries, surrounded and influenced by its environment, described by its structure and purpose and expressed in its functioning.
What UG does is describe the system.

Then something happen and he ends up in a natural state. He stops describing.
What you are left with is the simple thing—the body with extraordinary intelligence of its own.
It remind me off the actual freedom movement led by guy named Richard, who is similar.

http://www.actualfreedom.com.au/
It is possible to live in this modern era, freed from out-dated Philosophy and Psychiatry, challenging every Spiritual and Metaphysical tenet and surpassing any of the Altered States of Consciousness. Discarding all of the beliefs which have held humankind in thralldom for eons, the way has now been discovered which cuts through the ‘Tried and True’ and enables anybody to be, for the very first time, a fully free and autonomous individual, living in utter peace and tranquillity, beholden to no-one.
binocular

Post by binocular »

auto wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm It remind me off the actual freedom movement led by guy named Richard, who is similar.

It is possible to live in this modern era, freed from out-dated Philosophy and Psychiatry, challenging every Spiritual and Metaphysical tenet and surpassing any of the Altered States of Consciousness. Discarding all of the beliefs which have held humankind in thralldom for eons, the way has now been discovered which cuts through the ‘Tried and True’ and enables anybody to be, for the very first time, a fully free and autonomous individual, living in utter peace and tranquillity, beholden to no-one.
Someone should count the times this kind of thing has been said already!
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Saengnapha

Post by Saengnapha »

binocular wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:22 am
auto wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm It remind me off the actual freedom movement led by guy named Richard, who is similar.

I wouldn't volunteer for that job. :D
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Saengnapha wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:24 am I wouldn't volunteer for that job. :D
I guess this is the problem for all of us. There are thousands of self-proclaimed awakened people out there, and it is clearly not possible to investigate them all...

:heart:
Mike
Saengnapha

Post by Saengnapha »

mikenz66 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:46 am
Saengnapha wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:24 am I wouldn't volunteer for that job. :D
I guess this is the problem for all of us. There are thousands of self-proclaimed awakened people out there, and it is clearly not possible to investigate them all...

Mike
Yes.
binocular

Post by binocular »

mikenz66 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:46 amI guess this is the problem for all of us. There are thousands of self-proclaimed awakened people out there, and it is clearly not possible to investigate them all...
Which is why all these self-proclaimed awakened people should be challenged to take eachother on, to confront eachother, to eliminate eachother.
So that only the one who is truly awakened shall remain standing.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Like the video in this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32395

Mike
Saengnapha

Post by Saengnapha »

binocular wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:00 am
mikenz66 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:46 amI guess this is the problem for all of us. There are thousands of self-proclaimed awakened people out there, and it is clearly not possible to investigate them all...
Which is why all these self-proclaimed awakened people should be challenged to take eachother on, to confront eachother, to eliminate eachother.
So that only the one who is truly awakened shall remain standing.
Cute. U.G. never proclaimed anything about himself, though.You can blame it all on me if you'd like.
chownah

Post by chownah »

all these self-proclaimed awakened people should be challenged to take eachother on, to confront eachother, to eliminate eachother
There are alot of deluded people who think they are jesus and a psychiatrist decided to try an experiment which was to get a bunch of them together to see if their interaction led to any positive outcomes......what happened was that they each and every one just said that the others were all deluded and that they were actually jesus.

It accomplished nothing.

By the way, I did not make this up and as far as I know this really happened although I forget if they all thought they were jesus or if it was god or if it was napolean.

chownah
binocular

Post by binocular »

chownah wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:12 am
all these self-proclaimed awakened people should be challenged to take eachother on, to confront eachother, to eliminate eachother
There are alot of deluded people who think they are jesus and a psychiatrist decided to try an experiment which was to get a bunch of them together to see if their interaction led to any positive outcomes......what happened was that they each and every one just said that the others were all deluded and that they were actually jesus.

It accomplished nothing.

By the way, I did not make this up and as far as I know this really happened although I forget if they all thought they were jesus or if it was god or if it was napolean.
It's to be expected. Similarly, the usual polite ecumenical events accomplish nothing, either.

However, I'm talking about much more aggressive confrontations, where someone who does not presume themselves to be enlightened/advanced/etc. challenges those who claim to be.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
binocular

Post by binocular »

Saengnapha wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:56 amCute. U.G. never proclaimed anything about himself, though.You can blame it all on me if you'd like.
Everytime he said "I have nothing to teach", he proclaimed something about himself.
Everytime he made an absolute claim (such as the one that there's no truth), he proclaimed something about himself.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
binocular

Post by binocular »

mikenz66 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:30 am Like the video in this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32395
No, that's nothing. It should have been him and Osho together, for example, and an audience who challenges them and pits them against eachother, right there on the spot.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
auto

Post by auto »

binocular wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:22 am

for real it can be said by a robot who wants to destroy life.