Theosophy

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths. What can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
User avatar
Will
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:26 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: Theosophy

Post by Will » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:05 pm

form wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:27 am
Did Madame Blavatsky taught chakras?
Not really - she mentioned their existence, but not much else.
Whatever one frequently thinks and ponders upon, that will become the inclination of his mind. -- MN 19

form
Posts: 658
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 am

Re: Theosophy

Post by form » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:08 pm

Will wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:05 pm
form wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:27 am
Did Madame Blavatsky taught chakras?
Not really - she mentioned their existence, but not much else.
Is it correct to say that leadbeater is the one expanded on it?

User avatar
Will
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:26 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: Theosophy

Post by Will » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:54 pm

form wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:08 pm
Will wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:05 pm
form wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:27 am
Did Madame Blavatsky taught chakras?
Not really - she mentioned their existence, but not much else.
Is it correct to say that leadbeater is the one expanded on it?
Yes
Whatever one frequently thinks and ponders upon, that will become the inclination of his mind. -- MN 19

form
Posts: 658
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 am

Re: Theosophy

Post by form » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:00 am

Thanks Will for sharing.

By the way, are the teachings from prominent thesophy figures totally consistent with each other, was there instances when their insights contradict with each other and they went seperate ways or debate with one another?

User avatar
Will
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:26 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: Theosophy

Post by Will » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:04 pm

form wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:00 am
Thanks Will for sharing.

By the way, are the teachings from prominent thesophy figures totally consistent with each other, was there instances when their insights contradict with each other and they went seperate ways or debate with one another?
Your questions sound rhetorical. Do a little online search and find answers.
Whatever one frequently thinks and ponders upon, that will become the inclination of his mind. -- MN 19

User avatar
Will
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:26 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: Theosophy

Post by Will » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:30 pm

A blog by contemporary theosophist, Vic Hao Chin:

https://insightsonlife.net
Whatever one frequently thinks and ponders upon, that will become the inclination of his mind. -- MN 19

User avatar
Will
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:26 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: Theosophy

Post by Will » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:51 pm

European conference in mid-October 2018, with theme of Death & Dying:

http://europeanschooloftheosophy.eu/wp- ... 2018-2.pdf
Whatever one frequently thinks and ponders upon, that will become the inclination of his mind. -- MN 19

User avatar
Will
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:26 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: Theosophy

Post by Will » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:26 am

Undoubtedly moral elevation is the principal thing insisted upon in the Theosophical Society. He who would be a true Theosophist must bring himself to live as one.
Blavatsky
Whatever one frequently thinks and ponders upon, that will become the inclination of his mind. -- MN 19

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests