W. Buddhism is based more on Atheism-materialism than Dhamma

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Shaswata_Panja

Re: W. Buddhism is based more on Atheism-materialism than Dh

Post by Shaswata_Panja »

visitin wrote:
Shaswata_Panja wrote:
Who is responsible for above incidents?
Who is responsible for colonialism, genocide, Holocaust, apartheid, slavery, segregation, genocide of 80 million Hindus during Islamic rule, rape and impregnation of 300,000 bengali women, total annihilation of Native North Americans and Aborigines?-----Nobody please donot bother responding to this comment...i am just trolling the troll

Donot bother responding..you are a troll who has registered only to fire posts at me...you are on my ignore list....all your 5 posts tills now are directed at me..look at your very first post on this forum....
visitin

Post by visitin »

Shaswata_Panja wrote:
visitin wrote:
Shaswata_Panja wrote:
Who is responsible for above incidents?
Who is responsible for colonialism, genocide, Holocaust, apartheid, slavery, segregation, genocide of 80 million Hindus during Islamic rule, rape and impregnation of 300,000 bengali women, total annihilation of Native North Americans !??and Aborigines?
My point exactly, majority (belonging to any religion) is responsible for the massacre of minority (belonging to any religion).
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Shaswata_Panja wrote:
Mkoll wrote:
Shaswata_Panja wrote:Non-Abrahamic ideologies (Communism is just Christianity wihout the Church, New Atheism is a Siamese twin of Protestantism) belive in live and let live....something every conquering Abrahamic ideologies cannot come to terms with--------short term we need to only concentrate on personal practice and ethics and self-restraint ----------mid term we need to totally secure our home bases---long term we need to send in crack team religious commandos like Swami Vivekananda,Angurika Dharmapala,Virachand Gandhi who can operate deep behind enemy lines and wreck havoc on the enemy infrastructure and troop morale (lower number of missionaries and ever decreasing money for the missions)
These words make it sound like you think there is a war amongst religions and that you think we should fan the flames. As tilt so baldly put it, we are "BROTHERS IN STUPID" if we want to encourage that route. Aren't there enough wars and violence in this world already? How could it possibly be beneficial to create more division amongst human beings?

Foolish religious people may fight and kill amongst each other, but that doesn't mean you or anyone else has to join them in their act of imbecility. What do all religious teachings and common human decency have in common? The urge not to kill, steal, lie, or commit sexual misconduct. Fools who do such things make life s**tty for everyone else and are laying down bricks in front of them as they walk their own road to hell. Don't encourage them.
Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased. This is a law eternal.

-Dhp 5

Please I am not talking of hate and warfare....when did I give a call to arms? I painted the picture as it is..and said ethics and self-restraint will win us the day and we have to build from that..Angaria Dharmapala was not happy just being a celibate half-monk..He had his work cut out for him to save Buddhism from evangelical onslaught...You think what he did was wrong? .I use the crack team of commados analogy since military terminologies are clinical...
You think you're not talking about hate and warfare, but other people who aren't as intelligent as you are can easily take such words and use them for evil means. I'm trying to point out that you might want to think of how others think when you make public and incendiary statements regarding religion. That's why I said: "Don't encourage them." Talk about whatever you want in your own circles but in public places like an internet forum, I'm suggesting to err on the side of caution.
Shaswata_Panja wrote:Did Angurika Dharmapala make war in Chicago? Did Swami Vivekananda encourage the same in other parts of America? No

But if they were not there...there probably would not have been a Buddhadhamma for many modernistas to follow
That second paragraph of yours is ridiculous. There were many people from the East who came to the West to spread the Dhamma and people from the West who went to the East and came back to spread the Dhamma. And Swami Vivekananda wasn't even a Buddhist...
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Thread is locked until the administrators can decide what to do with it.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723