Brian Ruhe and Representation

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Sokehi

Re: Brian Ruhe and Representation

Post by Sokehi »

Thank you, it wasn't exactly a pleasure, but well... :smile:

I hope that Mr. Ruhe is taking this sign that now even youtube (and there is a lot of weired and irritating stuff there to be seen) is unhappy about these views and ideas. These conspiracy theories are without doubt hateful and harmful - have been used so many years ago already to murder millions of people just because of the pure fact to belong to a certain "race" - and won't bring any single being on this earth not even a single second of true happiness - but just the opposite.

I'll embrace into my todays metta meditation all victims of the so called "Third Reich". I'd like to add: of the past, present and future. Even nowadays people are getting killed inspired by the actions and wrong views of Adolf Hitler and his Entourage. :anjali:

Metta toward Mr. Ruhe as well - I hope he will develop a better understanding on this all. He has been lied too and sadly he followed this horrific propaganda, supporting and sharing it, believing to have found truth in the "prophetic" speeches of Adolf Hitler. This might be hard to understand since there have been so many victims around to tell the truth about the third reich. But since these witnesses of the gas chambers, the mass murder, the oppression and the insane inhumane cruelty are getting older and all of them will be dead quite soon, stuff like these theories are gaining apparently more and more "fans". I believe it's a responsibility to adress these views, videos and comments that praise Adolf Hitler as being prophetic for finding a scapegoat in the jewish people. Even moreso in buddhist circles, and even more: if they are teachers and bookauthors that elaborate about the Dhamma. So please accept my appologies if I have caused unjust harm or irritations, but I cannot look away with something like this happening. :anjali:
Get the wanting out of waiting

What does womanhood matter at all, when the mind is concentrated well, when knowledge flows on steadily as one sees correctly into Dhamma. One to whom it might occur, ‘I am a woman’ or ‘I am a man’ or ‘I’m anything at all’ is fit for Mara to address. – SN 5.2

If they take what's yours, tell yourself that you're making it a gift.
Otherwise there will be no end to the animosity. - Ajahn Fuang Jotiko

https://www.youtube.com/user/Repeataarrr
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

:goodpost:
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Brian Ruhe

Post by Brian Ruhe »

Helio everybody, from Brian Ruhe,
I do have a revisionist view of Hitler, as I said and the evidence, if you take the time to investigate, supports this. We have been lied to for 70 years. Most of the posts above are critical of me except the one by Dan74 below, which I agree with:

Postby Dan74 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:09 pm
It's very simple folks. The Establishment (controlled by the Bankers) has been taking us all for a ride. Mr Hitler tried to save us from the Bankers, but he lost and history got rewritten by the winners, as always.

Or something along these lines.

These memes are so pernicious precisely because they are simple and appealing, especially to people with certain emotional makeups. Dhamma is unfortunately not going to lead one to liberation from delusion, if delusion is more dear.
_/|\_
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian again: The speech in question can be found as stated, on the six hour You Tube video: The Greatest Story Never Told, segment 17 at minute 12:43. To answer people's questons, in this brief speech Hitler says that the danger is internationalists, because the have no loyalty to a country and they want to cause hate and war between people. These are the international bankers, just as Dan74 points out. That was the big danger then, as now. It is not a "conspiracy theory" that the interantional bankers excercise great control over western governments and caused wars such as in Afganistan and Iraq. There's a lot to this and we are in a Buddhist chat group. I don't mix my Buddhist teachings with my interest in revisionist history. But somebody brought this up so I'm defending myself.

I am a Buddhist because I am a truth seeker and I study revisionism, as in ihr.org etc., because I am a truth seeker. My intention is to see through the delusions of our governments and media to see the truth of our world. If you think I'm wrong, then at the worst I have been misinformed by my sources and I am deluded and wrong. But I am not ill intentioned and I do not advocate harm or breaking the 5 precepts. I also claim that there's noting wrong with ordinary Jewish people. I can criticise the Iraeli government policies in Palestine and the international bankers. Lay Buddhists can get involved in politics. That's fine.
With metta,
Brian Ruhe
--
Brian Ruhe author of | A Short Walk On An Ancient Path
|and Freeing the Buddha http://www.theravada.ca | [email protected]
youtube.com/user/BrianRuhe c. 778-232-2282 hm. 604-738-8475
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Mr. Ruhe,

I think the issue here is that you're using Hitler's words as evidence for your claims about the international bankers. If you had instead used evidence from someone like Carroll Quigley, Anthony Sutton, G. Edward Griffin, or anyone else who wasn't a genocidal, racist mass murderer, then people wouldn't have any problems. When you choose to use Hitler, red flags are raised because he of his abhorrent beliefs and actions. You invite very unwelcome associations by just mentioning any commonality that you have with Hitler.
Sokehi

Post by Sokehi »

If you need Adolf Hitler (which of whom you are a fan as you posted on youtube) to adress the involvement of capitalism into war and injustice and your research is based on the manipulative propaganda that caused the death of millions... If you are praising a video (and liking numerous other fascist video content on your channel) that CLEARLY and without any doubt saying in it's title that the jews are to be found guilty ... then you are supporting that thousand year old childish antisemitism that is killing people. These ideas have killed people, being essential to the happenings that made the Holocaust happen. I'm amazed by the fact you can't see this. By being a fan of David Irvings videos as well no wonder, maybe you are to careful to talk about this interest here. (edit: a mistake, you mentioned it in your last posting) There are other more knowledgeable people on this planet earth investigating the injustice that capitalism and multinational corporations create. And all without praising false murderous prophets. A lot has been said here, you clearly don't see the rut you've been falling in.

It's fine and absolutely okay to critisize whatever government on this planet earth, no one ever has argued about that one here.

Excuses for having investigated your other interests besides buddhism. In my eyes buddhism is not to be separated from anything if practiced rightly. But you are a rather well known lay teacher and book author. Please accept that your credibility is of interest.

Hint: change the privacy settings of your like videos. I've original found your videos about buddhism interesting, I was not interested in fascist ideas nor being interested to find fault with other buddhists. But you are promoting buddhism mostly and with your youtube activities spamming inboxes with stuff that is irritating to say the least.

What does womanhood matter at all, when the mind is concentrated well, when knowledge flows on steadily as one sees correctly into Dhamma. One to whom it might occur, ‘I am a woman’ or ‘I am a man’ or ‘I’m anything at all’ is fit for Mara to address. – SN 5.2

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Brian Ruhe wrote: Most of the posts above are critical of me except the one by Dan74 below, which I agree with:
Mr. Ruhe,

I am pretty sure (although Dan74 can clarify to be sure), that Dan was saying that with sarcasm, to show the ludicrousness of the revisionist view; to simply show what their view is, not necessarily his view.
Anagarika

Post by Anagarika »

I haven't followed the youtubes of Mr. Ruhe, but there seems to be a sentiment that somehow Hitler's message regarding Jewish bankers and bankers controlling governments was prophetic. Here's my thought on this: Hitler was a deranged sociopath. He and his cronies caused the suffering, torture, and deaths of millions of innocent and noble men, women, and children: the "regular Jews" that Mr. Ruhe says he "has no problem with." Suggesting that Hitler was bad, but that he had some useful prophetic ideas seems to me like suggesting that our Chicago's John Wayne Gacy was a murderous sociopath, but he was a funny clown at parties. http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_ ... -5-web.jpg

Bankers may in fact be responsible for the inequities in many societies. in the US, bankers and CEOs caused the near collapse of our economy and a global recession. These bankers were Christian, nonreligious, Hindus, Muslims, Jewish, maybe even Zoroastrian. Might be a Buddhist thrown in there, too. To suggest that Hitler's focus on the Jewish people was anything other than a pogrom is, to my mind, ludicrous and deserving of sanction.

The only lesson that take from Mr. Ruhe's videos is that the bar to entry as a "teacher" of Buddhism is quite low. Any serious student of the Dhamma would see the life of Hitler as that of a disturbed, pathological, murderous individual. As to the cult of Nazi revisionism, I suggest that it is wholly incompatible with the ethical, wise, compassionate, contemplative life.
Last edited by Anagarika on Sat May 24, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Anagarika wrote: . . .
Nicely said.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Sokehi

Post by Sokehi »

Dear Anagarika,

thank you for your contribution. Being of german nationality I know that I'm struggling a lot with grammar and phrases and such but your conclusions are from beginning to end what I've tried to express here. Born in a typical german family, christian, with ancestors of what Mr. Hitler and his gang mistakingly would have called "Aryans" I have to admit that I feel a special responsibility to adress the revisionist fairy tales. My grandmother, being born in Danzig (nowadays Gdansk in Poland) lost her Hometown after WWII and had to endure some hardships in the process. BUT she was always straight and clear (as well as my grandfather) about that the fascists were responsible not only for the war in itself - including the destruction of dresden - but also for the loss of the towns and areas of their youth. Therefore they didn't critisize it basically (but still they thought the bombardment of Dresden was badly aimed to say the least since it was tactically unnecessary and in majority only killed civilians therefore they mourned them of course).

They have teached me. Not the allied forces. First hand knowledge. They lived back then and have been eye witnesses of the barbaric cruelty the SA and basically the whole regime did put down on the jewish people of Germany (and not to be forgotten on roma and sinti, social democrats, homosexuals etc.). What revisionists try to rewrite about history is - please pardon my french - utter bullcrap. It might be that some folks from other countries without own family experiences of the past are open to argumentative adventures like that... but here, where we have not just the evidence of the numerous deathcamps (there wasn't just Auschwitz) but family history! To believe that a whole population got brainwashed by foreign leaders and intelligence forces is as ludicrous as it can get. It's as if someone would tell an US or canadian american the native americans never existed and all of them you have today are actors.

Revisionists are not welcome in Germany, the right of free speech is more limited here than it is in the USA for example. If it comes to fascist and revisionist views the german officials have an almost zero tolerant view. Neo Nazis have to be careful where and when they gather, if they form political parties like the NPD they have to cameoflage there real intentions mostly to not get into conflict with the law (you might want to google "Volksverhetzung"). Sadly enough fascists have experimented over the years with the boundaries of the law and are quite skilled in occupying certain movements like the actual peace movement around the Ukrainian situation.

1. everybody knew that the jewish Germans would not be put via train into another country to live there on their own. everybody assumed that this was propaganda and they would be getting killed.
2. Adolf Hitlers book "Mein Kampf" was something that was even more important "to have" in a german household in that time than the bible. Therein young Adolf was clear about his intentions.
3. the revisionists have a huge following with the german Neo Nazis. That is to be expected, since revisionists are fascists. Period. But besides that confused minority no one doubts what's written in our history books.

I really and honestly hope Mr. Ruhes researches will lead him finally to the truth as he hopes, and not deeper into that horrific dirt. That he will notice the many simplifications and inaccuracies within the revisionist ideas. I have no desire at all to cause any suffering whatsoever, but there is a line and it has been crossed. If he ever makes his way to germany I'd be available to show him around to some sites of that horror or to let him speak to one of my family members of higher age.

P.s. To be exact though they are not Mr. Ruhes videos, he didn't upload them.

Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

David N. Snyder wrote:
Brian Ruhe wrote: Most of the posts above are critical of me except the one by Dan74 below, which I agree with:
Mr. Ruhe,

I am pretty sure (although Dan74 can clarify to be sure), that Dan was saying that with sarcasm, to show the ludicrousness of the revisionist view; to simply show what their view is, not necessarily his view.
Hi David,

No sarcasm was intended, more of a sadness that memes such as these spread like disease and with the passing of survivors, there will be fewer living witnesses to what took place.

Brian,

I spent my first 14 years in Soviet Ukraine where the Nazi genocide of the Jews was not spoken of. My hometown was under German occupation and I personally know a Ukrainian family who hid their Jewish neighbours in the cellar at the risk of death. After the war, their son married the Jewish girl and lived a long life together.

We also knew from words of mouth about Babi Yar, a place where over 30000 civilians, women and children were made to dig their own grave and shot. When acclaimed Soviet poet Evgeni Evtushenko wrote about it http://boppin.com/poets/yy_babiyar.htm he was hounded and abused. Of course it all paled in comparison to what happened in Birkenau and I knew a couple, a Polish mathematician and his wife who escaped. They both had the numbers tattooed still and would not speak of it. Later, as a student of mathematics, I learned the story of Felix Hausdorff, a brillian man, whose work we study in undegraduate courses, who committed suicide at 74 rather than be deported to the concentration camp.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Hausdorff

Brian, I am sorry that I disappoint you. I see that you are sincere man. Your beliefs may be emotionally satisfying and very important to you, but they are not based on facts. You and your fellow revisionists are deeply deluded. While of course the figure of 6 million may not be the final word on the precise number of those murdered, the facts of the genocide are indisputable. Photographic and video evidence, evidence from the Russian soldiers and commanders who liberated the camps and of course the evidence of survivors makes this one of the best proven facts of modern history.

And of course this is but one of Hitler's crimes. One of his first massacres was of Germany's own children, the handicapped, kids with sometimes a mild deformity and disability, taken from their parents under false pretenses to 'cleanse' the race. The Roma people (gypsies). Gay people. Communists. His dying wish was to be another crime, to leave a 'scorched earth' behind, destroying everything, that luckily those around him did not carry out.

After the war, the Germany rose from the ashes to become the economic powerhouse of Europe, a major power. And the Jewish people too rose from their loss to position of influence like never before. It appears to be threatening to many and it is a task of democracy to ensure that no single group, corporation or interest, has a disproportionate say. But this is a separate issue altogether and not to be conflated with the Holocaust.

Brian, if you truly care for truth, you will examine your feelings and find them far from impartial. So much so that your were not able to see the plain meaning of my post. Yes, we are often not told the whole story, and it is commendable to investigate to check the commonly accepted view of things, but such an investigation needs to be careful and impartial, checking the sources. Otherwise it's likely to arrive at a conclusion that is even further from the truth.
_/|\_
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Dan74 wrote: Hi David,
No sarcasm was intended, more of a sadness that memes such as these spread like disease and with the passing of survivors, there will be fewer living witnesses to what took place.

Brian,

Brian, I am sorry that I disappoint you. I see that you are sincere man. Your beliefs may be emotionally satisfying and very important to you, but they are not based on facts. You and your fellow revisionists are deeply deluded. While of course the figure of 6 million may not be the final word on the precise number of those murdered, the facts of the genocide are indisputable. Photographic and video evidence, evidence from the Russian soldiers and commanders who liberated the camps and of course the evidence of survivors makes this one of the best proven facts of modern history.
Hi Dan,

Yes, this is what I meant. 'Sarcasm' was the wrong term, I meant that you were not agreeing with his position as you clearly show in your posts in this thread.

Mr. Ruhe,

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historica ... omparisons

In 1942 from very credible sources, Jewish populations were:
Europe: 9.2 million
World: 15.3 million

In 1970 Jewish populations were:
Europe: 3.2 million
World: 12.6 million

The Jewish population dropped by 6 million in Europe from 1942 to 1970. Of course, a lot of the drop was migration to Israel and the U.S. However, even if you look at the World numbers, the population dropped by about 3 million and in that same time there was a baby boom producing at least 3 million Jewish children. 6 million Jews died in the holocaust, including nearly all of my great-uncles, great-aunts and many cousins. The numbers just don't work for revisionist views and it is simply based on Antisemitism.

Certainly compassion may have played some role in the UN decision to partition Palestine into 2 nations. However, the Zionist movement existed long before the holocaust and migration of Jews to Palestine occurred long before the holocaust too. Hitler was no prophet and even if you agree with what he said about the Jews and the bankers, he was certainly not the first person to be Antisemitic. Antisemitic views existed in Europe for centuries before Hitler. Hitler was a madman bent on world domination and racial superiority of his mythical ariyan race; about as adhammic as one can go.

"Hate never ceases by hatred, only love dispels hate.
This is an ancient and timeless law."

Dhammapada 5
Brian Ruhe

Post by Brian Ruhe »

Hi, I'll respond to James first. You wrote "That video is horrifying. I don't understand how anyone who loves harmlessness could like that kind of stuff."
My response is that it is not horrifying. I'm referring to the quote about the internationalists. But moreso, anyone who loves harmlessness should object to the global level power of the internationalist (bankers) who are responsible for virtually all major wars of the 20th and 21st century, So, your statement makes no sense. See You Tube video: All Wars Are Bankers Wars.

James,
your second point is correct, that if I want to criticise the bankers I shouldn't use a speech from Hitler. I have studied Antony Sutton and G. Edward Griffin for a few years. They would be less hindrance arising sources! Thanks.
Brian Ruhe

Post by Brian Ruhe »

Hi Sokehi,
I'm responding to your post. This blog doesn't work smoothly for answering one post when there are others below it, unless I'm missing something. Your words about me are polite especailly given your beliefs. I'm being polite with my speech on this blog moreso than others like Anagarika who say my videos show that the bar for Buddhist teachers is quite low. I suppose people will be self righteous and dump on me as though I am Hitler himself, just because I quoted a few lines of his. My Buddhist refuge is strong. It's not that I'm not human and can't be hurt by criticism. I can but I am strong because I am a truth seeker. So what if I make some mistakes. Following the Buddha's right view means that you refine your view. You realize that you have been wrong about something; you gain knowledge or insight and you change your view. I'm always a student, never a master.

Sokehi, you did go to some time and trouble writing about your family history and the war so I appreciate that. But this is a Buddhist blog and there's no end to analysing WWII. I can't write as much.
You mentioned going to Germany. I may actually go to Germany. My parent's relatives are in Holland and they took me to Germany in 2004. Two of my uncles were rounded up in town by the Germans in the war to work in German factories. They both escaped but were mentally damaged as a result.
With metta,
Brian
Last edited by Brian Ruhe on Sun May 25, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Ruhe

Post by Brian Ruhe »

Re: Dan74
Thanks for your post Dan. I thought you meant what you said about the bankers and you did. The New World Order international bankers is how I got into studing WW II a few years ago. From studying the history of the Rothschilds and Rockefellers and their support for the Russian Revolution, I found out about their involvment in assisting Hitler. Then, they attacked him paritally because it was a war of our banking system with the Federal Reserve vs. the German banking system. So I agree with you when you write "It appears to be threatening to many and it is a task of democracy to ensure that no single group, corporation or interest, has a disproportionate say."

And I agree with your post here:
Brian, if you truly care for truth, you will examine your feelings and find them far from impartial. So much so that you were not able to see the plain meaning of my post. Yes, we are often not told the whole story, and it is commendable to investigate to check the commonly accepted view of things, but such an investigation needs to be careful and impartial, checking the sources. Otherwise it's likely to arrive at a conclusion that is even further from the truth.

Yes, I have to be careful in studying history but it's not easy to find honest information is it? The Internet provides freedom of speech but we have to sift through many sources to get a balanced view. And mainstream media is owned and controled. I am trying to find truth and the search is like the Buddha's descriprtion of the 8-fold path. He compared the word magga (path) to the foot trail left by an animal like a water buffalo. It walks through the mud and then on stones. It's very difficullt to tell where the beast has been. So the path is not like driving down a highway and setting the cruise control until you get to nibbana. Even at the best of times it's a tricky business.
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Hi Brian,
Brian Ruhe wrote:Hi, I'll respond to James first. You wrote "That video is horrifying. I don't understand how anyone who loves harmlessness could like that kind of stuff."
My response is that it is not horrifying. I'm referring to the quote about the internationalists. But moreso, anyone who loves harmlessness should object to the global level power of the internationalist (bankers) who are responsible for virtually all major wars of the 20th and 21st century, So, your statement makes no sense. See You Tube video: All Wars Are Bankers Wars.
You're right. That was a senseless ad hominem attack on my part and wrong speech (slanderous speech). I apologize. Thank you for pointing it out for me as it will help me practice restraint in the future.
Brian Ruhe wrote:James,
your second point is correct, that if I want to criticise the bankers I shouldn't use a speech from Hitler. I have studied Antony Sutton and G. Edward Griffin for a few years. They would be less hindrance arising sources! Thanks.
I'm glad you agree. People who may be turned off because of using Hitler as a source won't be if he's not used as a source and will be more open to learning about the global elite from more credible sources.