Do you agree with the Dalai Lama?

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Martin Po

Re: Do you agree with the Dalai Lama?

Post by Martin Po »

As i know Hitler has 32% of voices.

Also, such kind of wars arise because of self-sufficiency of economy, because of refutation of mondialisations and commertial/diplomatic/cultural exchengings with neighbours.
Why?
Because when there is economy which is based upon self-sufficiency/ego/self/division, after some time of such fonctionement, resource-territory-diplomatic-war with neighbours is inevitable and logic.

It's a Dhamma that shows how egoism is dengerous, impermanent, suffering and notself.

Republicain/Extrem-right and other political movements, centred on "self", are dengerous. It's just my opinion.
Martin Po

Post by Martin Po »

tiltbillings wrote:
Martin Po wrote: Mahayana say that there is no suffering, no cause, no cessation, and no way -
No, it does not.
Maybe some zen/chan pracitioners are agree with suffering, cause, cessation and the way, but as i know zen it's non-gradual teaching, so there is no 4-th Noble Truth, there is no Eightfold Noble Path.

As Buddha said : the one who knows and sees the Path sees suffering, cause and cessation. Also he say that stream-enterer is the one who enter in the Eightfold Path. Also, when Buddha was a not yet fully enlightened Bodhisatta, he pratcices jain ascetism, and as we know, attachement to wovs (blind ascetic practices) and to rituals are abandoned by stream-enterer, so bodhisattas are not Aryans, so bodhisatta-doctrine in maha-vjrayana have no sense in term of liberation and Buddha Dhamma. Also Buddha said that the one who is not liberated can not teach others, and those who will follow that person will die in the river stream without crossing it. Etc.

I'am sorry if this analysis hurt some one, it's not my intention.
metta
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Martin Po wrote:.

metta
Your "analysis" is simply ignorant.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Martin Po

Post by Martin Po »

tiltbillings wrote:

metta
It's true.
In other way i would not speak about it and would be free from Samsara.

But if one of us is ignorant (me), the other (you) is free from ignorance, Samsara, a fully enlightened being, worthy of gift, worthy of offering, worthy of hospitality, worthy of respect, i bow to the Sangha.

Thanks for this dialogue.
Last edited by Martin Po on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Martin Po wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:

metta
It's true.
In other way i would not speak about it and would be free from Samsara.
So, you choose to speak from a place of ignorance, maligning, without justification, the Mahayana. Maybe it would be better to say nothing; maybe it would be better if you took some time to actually learn about what it is you are trying to talk about.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Martin Po

Post by Martin Po »

tiltbillings wrote: So, you choose to speak from a place of ignorance, maligning, without justification, the Mahayana. Maybe it would be better to say nothing; maybe it would be better if you took some time to actually learn about what it is you are trying to talk about.
I make some addition in my last post.
I'am sorry but i have alredy explain my point of view, and i dont want to continue dialogue on this question. As you advice me.
Raksha

Post by Raksha »

Martin Po wrote:Mahayana say that there is no suffering, no cause, no cessation, and no way - it's a contradition to Buddha's teaching. Vajrayna have wrong view and wrong motivation, so there is wrong speach, action, livelihood, striving, mindfulness, concentration, fruit and liberation. Many of maha-vajrayana practitioners don't know what is it 4 Noble Truth, and Noble Eightfold Path.
You really need to study a bit more Martin. None of these assertions are correct.
Martin Po wrote:So, in my humble opinion, it's no a Buddha Dhamma, not a Dhamma Thought by Lord Buddha.
Ah, 'that old hat'...'the pure teachings of Lord Buddha himself', unadulterated by 'primitive superstitions'. In fact the Dhamma was written down centuries after Lord Buddha so there is no way to determine his actual words. I suppose that one could choose to believe that only The Four Noble Truths/Eightfold Path are 'true Buddhism', but that would be rather silly. Since Buddha's time there have been numerous arhats and enlightened masters who have realised the truths taught by Lord Buddha, and legitimately added to the canon. As for the 'Hindu' foundations of Buddhism which are present in both the Theravada and Mahayana, they are not 'non-Buddhist' but actually form the substrate of all religions because all the ancestors of humanity believed in spirits. Even today every Theravada country has a vibrant folk religious tradition which cannot be separated from Buddhism. To suggest otherwise is to pretend that the dry scholarship of a few pandits could somehow replace the cherished beliefs of ordinary people, it wasn't possible in Buddha's day and it isn't possible today, nor did Lord Buddha suggest it (as much we can determine from surviving teachings.)
:anjali:
Last edited by Raksha on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Po

Post by Martin Po »

Maybe so maybe not, who knows?
; )
Raksha

Post by Raksha »

Martin Po wrote:Maybe so maybe not, who knows?
Everyone, apart from a few ill-informed sectarians. All Buddhists are family.
Last edited by Raksha on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Po

Post by Martin Po »

Raksha wrote:
Martin Po wrote:Maybe so maybe not, who knows?
Everyone, apart from a few ill-informed sectarians. Buddha did not teach an inferior vehicle. All Buddhists are family.
It's true, all buddhists are family.

What is Buddhism in brief?
Ajatashatru

Post by Ajatashatru »

This guy is an idiot. Gandhi was influenced by his guru Srimad Rajchandra not by Thoreau. His world-view remained thoroughly Indic, unlike most of the educated leaders of the time (and in today's India). And Thoreau himself was influenced by Indic thought. I am sick of this tendency of the Westerners to appropriate Dharmic knowledge as their own without acknowledgement of the source.

:namaste:
Martin Po

Post by Martin Po »

Harash speach is not a source of Dhamma. Either buddhist or hindou.

Ghandi was also inspired by Lev Tolstoï.
Raksha

Post by Raksha »

Martin Po wrote:What is Buddhism in brief?
My understanding is negligable, but what I personally hold to is the ideal of an open heart, of boundless love. Buddha taught us that we have been tricked into an state of bondage which is in truth no more real than a dream or a fairy castle. We must steadfastly tame the wild energies of our minds and strive towards liberty in life after life, so that all beloved beings may win their freedom and pass beyond...
Martin Po

Post by Martin Po »

Raksha wrote:
Martin Po wrote:What is Buddhism in brief?
My understanding is negligable, but what I personally hold to is the ideal of an open heart, of boundless love. Buddha taught us that we have been tricked into an state of bondage which is in truth no more real than a dream or a fairy castle. We must steadfastly tame the wild energies of our minds and strive towards liberty in life after life, so that all beloved beings may win their freedom and pass beyond...
I will help you.

Buddha Dhamma is:

Triple Gem
4 Noble Truth
Noble Eightfold Path
Like an elephant footprint.

The Dhamma beutifull in the begning, beutifull in the midle butifull in the end.

The Dhamma is well expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now,
Timeless,
Encouraging envistigation,
Leading inwards,
To be expirianced individualy by the wise
I chant my praise to this Teaching, i bow my head to this Truth.