The invisible world is the world of perception?

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
whynotme

The invisible world is the world of perception?

Post by whynotme »

Hi everyone,

Every religion had legends about angels, demons, gods, devas.. but science has found nothing. It seems that world exists, hell exists, heavens exist, devas and demons exist, but it is the world of perception, which only exists on human mind. I have heard this from a monk claimed attained 9 jhanas and from the videos I saw. I heard a member on this site also suggest this idea. What do you think about invisible world?

Regards
Please stop following me
equilibrium

Re: The invisible world is the world of perception?

Post by equilibrium »

There are basically 2 worlds.....the form.....and the formless.
Form is the one we could all see with out eyes.....formless is the one we cannot see.
If we all were to use our eyes and expect to see everything as per our senses then science would have by now solved everything that ever existed.....there is a saying.....If one were to use their eyes, one is technically blind!

If these invisible worlds were only to exist in the human mind then how is that any different to the earth world we live in right now?.....is there a difference?.....is this earth world not also mind?.....does anyone think different and why?
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

Superposition in quantum physic alow and prouve infinity of realm in the same moment. Observed realm depends on observator, on consciousness.

There is no "inisible" realms, there is different perception of realm. In one realm i am alive, in an another i'am alrady dead. Time and space is not something stable, is absolutly instable.

Realm have absolute plasticity. Nothing is defitivie, all is in superposition. Superposition is some kind of Anicca, but much more global.

The Lord Buddha is actualy quantum physician, and discribe quantum physic.
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
ALot

Post by ALot »

In reality there are three 'worlds', but two of them are invisible to normal perception and direct measurement and belong to what science calls 'dark matter' and 'dark energy'. That's where all the various hells and heavens are, but you need the right instrument to see it, ie the purified concentration of the fourth jhana.

DAWN

Post by DAWN »

ALot wrote:In reality there are three 'worlds', but two of them are invisible to normal perception and direct measurement and belong to what science calls 'dark matter' and 'dark energy'. That's where all the various hells and heavens are, but you need the right instrument to see it, ie the purified concentration of the fourth jhana.

Three at less, because we dont know what is hidden. And it's just our Univers, i think, and Theory of Cords and Lindte Theory tel us that there is infinity of Univers, with different laws ets. Stephen Hawkongs speaks about 10 with 100000 zeros at less.

So if we take some tree leafs and compare with all leafs in the frest, it will be very optimistic.
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
ALot

Post by ALot »

Yes, with possible extra dimensions or universes there's even more abiding-places for devas and demons beyond the reach of current scientific instruments.