Disagreeing with Leigh Brasington

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
ground

Re: Disagreeing with Leigh Brasington

Postby ground » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:19 am

ignobleone wrote:This question only shows no Buddhist faith.

What was your religion before you converted to Buddhism? :sage:

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:40 am

ignobleone wrote:
SamKR wrote:
ignobleone wrote:He doesn't practice rightly since he doesn't follow the Buddha's instruction. He also missed some other clues in suttas. It's because he doesn't believe the instruction is quite well preserved (sutta is incomplete), thus he established his own subjective measure.

So, to have practiced rightly we should first believe that suttas are well preserved and complete?

This question only shows no Buddhist faith.
That is your opinion, your belief, but you do not know what is in the heart of others.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<<
      -- Proverbs 26:12

ignobleone

Postby ignobleone » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:48 pm

ground wrote:What was your religion before you converted to Buddhism? :sage:

I've been a Buddhist since I was eleven. Prior to that, as a kid I had no believe system.

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:37 pm

The point has been made and it serves no further purpose to impugn the faith of others. The thread is now locked.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<<
      -- Proverbs 26:12

Return to “General Theravāda Meditation”