Daily Kamma:Wholesome Conducts

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
yawares

Daily Kamma:Wholesome Conducts

Post by yawares » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Dear Members,

:candle: Daily Kamma:Wholesome Conducts :candle:
[Presented by Dr.Tep Sastri @ SariputtaDhamma/JTN/Mult]

Only a fool enjoys bodily, verbally and mentally misconducts. A person who is wise avoids the three misconducts(bodily, verbally and mentally) and trains himself/herself in three wholsome conducts. It is of no surprise why the Buddha says in AN 3.2 Lakkhana Sutta: "Thus, monks, you should train yourselves: 'We will avoid the three things that, endowed with which, one is to be recognized as a fool. We will undertake & maintain the three things that, endowed with which, one is to be recognized as a wise person.' That's how you should train yourselves."

Kammically wholesome conducts are the 'kusala kammas' that are 'profitable', salutary, morally good or 'skillful'.

---------
Reference:

Nyanatiloka Dictionary: " all those karmical volitions (kamma-cetana) and the consciousness and mental factors associated therewith, which are accompanied by 2 or 3 wholesome roots (s. mula), i.e. by greedlessness (alobha) and hatelessness (adosa), and in some cases also by non-delusion (amoha: wisdom, understanding). Such states of consciousness are regarded as 'karmically wholesome' as they are causes of favourable karma results and contain the seeds of a happy destiny or rebirth.

"The above explanations refer to mundane (lokiya) wholesome consciousness. Supermundane wholesome (lokuttara-kusala) states, i.e. the four paths of sanctity (s. ariyapuggala), have as results only the corresponding four fruitions; they do not constitute karma, nor do they lead to rebirth, and this applies also to the good actions of an Arahat and his meditative states, which are all karmically inoperative (functional; s. kiriya). [End of quote]

:heart: Love Buddha's dhamma,
yawares/sirikanya :heart:

Sam Vara

Re: Daily Kamma:Wholesome Conducts

Post by Sam Vara » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Many thanks, yawares.

The three forms of wholesome conduct are a formulation of the Dhamma that I find most beneficial in everyday life. It is good to reflect on them as much as possible.

yawares

Re: Daily Kamma:Wholesome Conducts

Post by yawares » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Sam Vega wrote:Many thanks, yawares.

The three forms of wholesome conduct are a formulation of the Dhamma that I find most beneficial in everyday life. It is good to reflect on them as much as possible.
Dear Sam Vega,
Oh..you're mostly welcome!
Me too, always try to follow these wholesome conducts everyday.

Love your comment,
yawares