Swami Sarvapriyanand?

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
DooDoot

Re: Swami Sarvapriyanand?

Post by DooDoot »

SarathW wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:47 am Swami Sarvapriyananda
Beautifully presented posts. Its interesting when a poster makes beautifully presented posts about Hinduism but presents answers to questions about Buddhism looking like a dog's breakfast. Hare Krishna. :smile:
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

cappuccino wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:08 pm
Mahabrahma wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:54 pm Laypeople can have that as their only goal too.
I'm not allowed …
Who's making the rules? :meditate: :spy: :meditate:
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

DooDoot wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:15 pm Hare Krishna. :smile:
Hare Krishna are the most important words in this Yuga. Meditation in Buddhism, Virtuous Practices, Buddhism, Monkhood, Karuna, are just as important. But these are the most important words.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Mahabrahma wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:20 pm
cappuccino wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:08 pm I'm not allowed …
Who's making the rules?
The Universe is infinite
Last edited by cappuccino on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

cappuccino wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:25 pm
Mahabrahma wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:20 pm
cappuccino wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:08 pm I'm not allowed …
Who's making the rules?
The Universe is infinite
There are infinite infinite Spiritual Universes outside of the Saha world. There are a limited amount of material Universes, which are also Emanated from the infinite, these material worlds being in a little puddle of illusion, there being the small coconut shell of the Saha world. However, just because something is infinite doesn't mean it won't transform. And only Nibbana and Buddhahood, and Metta is infinite. Even the compassion in the small space between you and the ceiling emanates from the infinite, and all Loving form, every Loving thought comes from the Stream of Nirvana, but those unenlightened beings feeling this Metta as a part of themselves, hold back the rest of who they are from crushing mind with mind to attain Enlightenment, but then when they are preached the Dhamma with acceptance they become beings of uncompromising compassion, crushing mind with mind, attaining Nibbana, holding nothing back from Enlightening themselves.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Mahabrahma wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:47 pm There are infinite infinite Spiritual Universes outside of the Saha world.
I only know of Samsara and Nirvana

Nirvana isn't a world
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

cappuccino wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:00 am
Mahabrahma wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:47 pm There are infinite infinite Spiritual Universes outside of the Saha world.
I only know of Samsara and Nirvana

:juggling:
According to Vaishnava philosophy there is an infinite everlasting Spiritual World where the planets are many, many times bigger than this Universe, and that's where we are all from originally. Buddhism helps us to back there too while achieving the highest level of perfection. As soon as one returns they achieve Brahma Nirvana according to the philosophy of the Bhagavad Gita.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

Nirvana is everything in the Spiritual World. To some degree it is a provisional term with regards to full extinction, and Buddhahood is considered full extinction, but everyone in the Spiritual World feels a degree of the Stream.
Last edited by Mahabrahma on Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Mahabrahma wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:14 am According to Vaishnava philosophy there is an infinite everlasting Spiritual World where the planets are many, many times bigger than this Universe, and that's where we are all from originally. Buddhism helps us to back there too while achieving the highest level of perfection. As soon as one returns they achieve Brahma Nirvana according to the philosophy of the Bhagavad Gita.
mixing ideas is dangerous!

you resemble a mad scientist

… I reject the ideas
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

:rolleye: I understand. It is just that in my tradition we consider the Speaker of the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna, to have come as Lord Buddha as well. When one person sees these two people as the Same, the Teachings complement eachother. One has to be a very serious student though.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Mahabrahma wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 am we consider Krishna, to have come as Lord Buddha as well.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

I'm listening to your Collective Soul link. Everytime someone says "Love" I don't think Samsara.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Mahabrahma wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:27 am I'm listening to your Collective Soul link. Every time someone says "Love" I don't think Samsara.
watch and learn
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

He told me not to think aloud, which I think I am doing too much sometimes in my own head.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Mahabrahma wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:33 am He told me not to think aloud, which I think I am doing too much sometimes in my own head.
thinking is a non-issue