Measureless mind

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Javi

Re: Measureless mind

Post by Javi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:57 pm

Just wanted to note that though the site is down, the material from Geoff Shatz aka Nyana's webpage is still available in this page (dating from 2015):

https://www.scribd.com/document/2741687 ... eless-Mind

:anjali:

Not sure if this is the most up to date content but it seems pretty amazing in scope, almost like a modern abhidhamma text which sticks to the sutta material.
Vayadhammā saṅkhārā appamādena sampādethā — All things decay and disappoint, it is through vigilance that you succeed — Mahāparinibbāna Sutta

Self-taught poverty is a help toward philosophy, for the things which philosophy attempts to teach by reasoning, poverty forces us to practice. — Diogenes of Sinope

I have seen all things that are done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a chase after wind — Ecclesiastes 1.14

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Greetings Javi,

Good find.

I sent him a note at one point asking if he'd like to have his old site hosted at DhammaWiki but I haven't heard back from him.

If anyone has more regular access to Geoff, please pass on this offer, because Javi is right... It's an excellent resource.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

“Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” (Flannery O'Connor)

Kumara

Post by Kumara » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:47 am

Javi wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:57 pm
Just wanted to note that though the site is down...
To navigate the website as before, use this
http://web.archive.org/web/201611040926 ... ssmind.ca/
Profile: visualcv.com/kumara
I'm not just a monk. I'm a human being. — Sayadaw U Jotika