Please Help me This Difficult Question !!!

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Gamage

Please Help me This Difficult Question !!!

Post by Gamage » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:43 am

please Help me! Where Can Be Found On This Story?(A Story About Explain the Great Meritness Of Alms Giving Of Doctrine)“Fills Thos Entirely Earth Space Up to Top Of Bahma World As Make to Collite a Lord Buddhas Knee to Other Lord Buddhas Knee and Making to Residble Continued Top and Widely to Lord Buddhas,Pachchēka Buddhas and Arahants and Offer to All Very Soft Robes.But That Meritness No Grater Than a Alms Giving Of Doctrine With Bace On 4 Words Stanza Which Lord Buddha Said.(Not Worthy as 1/1000)…”

Srilankaputra

Re: Please Help me This Difficult Question !!!

Post by Srilankaputra » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:47 am

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for.

from the Dhammapada;

Sabbadanam dhammadanam jinati
sabbarasam dhammaraso jinati
sabbaratim dhammarati jinati
tanhakkhayo sabbadukkham jinati.

Verse 354: The gift of the Dhamma excels all gifts; the taste of the Dhamma excels all tastes; delight in the Dhamma excels all delights. The eradication of Craving (i.e., attainment of arahatship) overcomes all ills (samsara dukkha).

The Story of the Questions Raised by Sakka

While residing at the Jetavana monastery, the Buddha uttered Verse (354) of this book, with reference to four questions raised by Sakka, king of the devas.

On one occasion, at a meeting of the devas in the Tavatimsa realm, four questions were raised, but the devas failed to get the correct answers. Eventually, Sakka took these devas to the Buddha at the Jetavana monastery. After explaining their difficulty, Sakka presented the following four questions:

(a) Among gifts, which is the best?

(b) Among tastes, which is the best?

(c) Among delights, which is the best?

(d) Why is the eradication of craving said to be the most excellent?

To these questions, the Buddha replied, "Oh Sakka, the Dhamma is the noblest of all gifts, the best of all tastes and the best of all delights. Eradication of Craving leads to the attainment of arahatship and is, therefore, the greatest of all conquests."

Then the Buddha spoke in verse as follows:

Verse 354: The gift of tile Dhamma excels all gifts; the taste of the Dhamma excels all tastes; delight in the Dhamma excels all delights. The eradication of Craving (i.e., attainment of arahatship) overcomes all ills (samsara dukkha).
At the end of the discourse, Sakka said to the Buddha, "Venerable Sir, if the gift of the Dhamma excels all gifts why are we not invited to share the merit whenever gifts of the Dhamma are made? Venerable Sir! I pray that, from now on, we may be given a share in the merit of good deeds". Then the Buddha asked all the bhikkhus to assemble and exhorted them to share the merit of all their good deeds with all beings.

Since then, it has become a custom to invite all beings from the thirty-one realms (bhumis) to come and share merit whenever a good deed is done.
O seeing one,we for refuge go to thee!
O mighty sage do thou our teacher be!

Paccuppannañca yo dhammaṃ,
Tattha tattha vipassati

“Yato yato mano nivāraye,
Na dukkhameti naṃ tato tato;
Sa sabbato mano nivāraye,
Sa sabbato dukkhā pamuccatī”ti.

Gamage

Post by Gamage » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:17 pm

:anjali: Thank You Very Much!I Offer Great Meritness For This AlmsGiving Of Doctrine Noble Action to You to and The All Supporters.I Also Wish Best in Yours Team Work.(Sabbadanam dhammadanam jinati-The gift of the Dhamma excels all gifts!!!)

Srilankaputra

Post by Srilankaputra » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Gamage wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:17 pm
:anjali: Thank You Very Much!I Offer Great Meritness For This AlmsGiving Of Doctrine Noble Action to You to and The All Supporters.I Also Wish Best in Yours Team Work.(Sabbadanam dhammadanam jinati-The gift of the Dhamma excels all gifts!!!)
Sadhu!
O seeing one,we for refuge go to thee!
O mighty sage do thou our teacher be!

Paccuppannañca yo dhammaṃ,
Tattha tattha vipassati

“Yato yato mano nivāraye,
Na dukkhameti naṃ tato tato;
Sa sabbato mano nivāraye,
Sa sabbato dukkhā pamuccatī”ti.

Gamage

An mistake needs to be corrected!

Post by Gamage » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:00 am

publicly Informed! An mistake needs to be corrected! The 1/1000 partition should be 1/16.

(A Story About Explain the Great Meritness Of Alms Giving Of Doctrine)“Fills These Entirely Earth Space Up to Top Of Bahma World As Make to Collite a Lord Buddhas Knee to Other Lord Buddhas Knee and Making to Residble Continued Top and Widely to Lord Buddhas,Pachchēka Buddhas and Arahants and Offer to All Very Soft Robes.But That Meritness No Grater Than a Alms Giving Of Doctrine With Bace On 4 Words Stanza Which Lord Buddha Said.(Not Worthy as 1/1000)…” :anjali:

Dhammanando

Re: An mistake needs to be corrected!

Post by Dhammanando » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:39 am

Gamage wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:00 am
publicly Informed! An mistake needs to be corrected! The 1/1000 partition should be 1/16.
I think you're referring to the Sakkapañhavatthu in the Dhammapada Commentary.
The gift of the Dhamma surpasses all gifts, the flavor of the Dhamma surpasses all flavors,
Delight in the Dhamma surpasses all delights, the destruction of Craving overcomes all suffering.

(Dhammapada 354)

Commentary: The gift of the Dhamma surpasses all gifts: For even though one should present robes of the hue of the calyx of the banana, to Buddhas and Private Buddhas and Arahats assembled in unbroken ranks extending from the Circuit of the Worlds to the World of Brahmā, the mere utterance of a stanza of thanksgiving consisting of four verses in the midst of this assembly were better. For the above-mentioned gift is not worth the sixteenth part of such a stanza. Such is the importance of the preaching of the Dhamma, the recitation of the Dhamma, the hearing of the Dhamma.
https://www.ancient-buddhist-texts.net/ ... /24-10.htm
“Keep to your own pastures, bhikkhus, walk in the haunts where your fathers roamed.
If ye thus walk in them, Māra will find no lodgement, Māra will find no foothold.”
— Cakkavattisīhanāda Sutta

Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:35 pm

The Kūṭadanta Sutta of the Dīghanikāya also rates a series of actions as more meritorious than perpetual alms-giving: taking refuge, observing five precepts, etc., culminating in attaining Arahantship.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:48 pm

Kutadanta Sutta: Other translations.
https://suttacentral.net/dn5/en/sujato
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”