My analyzation of all combinations for birth,old age,sickness,and death.

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
samsarictravelling

My analyzation of all combinations for birth,old age,sickness,and death.

Post by samsarictravelling » Thu May 09, 2019 9:24 pm

I just recently (about two weeks ago, I think) came up with an analyzation of birth, old age, sickness, and death. What I mean by an analyzation is this: I analyzed all the possible combinations of them for an outcome of a human life. Here are all the possible combinations of them for an outcome of a human life (in my opinion):

First, we will label the four with numbers, for the analysis:

1. Birth
2. Old age
3. Sickness
4. Death

Now, all the possible combinations of them for an outcome of a human life (in my opinion):

A. Conception, but dies in the womb. (Life not born out into the world yet, then 4)
B. Birth, but dies before experiencing sickness and old age. (1 and 4)
C. Birth, experiences sickness(es), but dies before experiencing old age. (1, then 3, then 4)
D. Birth, gets sick sometime(s) during life before old age, old age, NEVER gets sick after old age, then death. (1, then 3, then 2, then 4)
E. Birth, gets sick sometime(s) during life before old age, old age, gets sick sometime(s) after old age, then death. (1, then 3, then 2, then 3 again, then 4)
F. Birth, NEVER gets sick before old age, old age, gets sick sometime(s) after old age, then death. (1, then 2, then 3, then 4)
G. Birth, NEVER gets sick before old age, old age, NEVER gets sick after old age, then death (1, then 2, then 4)

So, to just neatly just show all the possible combinations, I will leave out the words:

A. (Life not born out into the world yet, then 4)
B. 1,4.
C. 1,3,4.
D. 1,3,2,4.
E. 1,3,2,3,4.
F. 1,2,3,4.
G. 1,2,4.

Now, from my analysis, you can see all life ends in death (A to G).

Also, according to my analysis, you see there are only these seven different possibilities for a human life (A to G), and only six possibilities if you count starting from birth into the world (B to G).

I would say – but just an opinion – many experience both sickness before AND after old age, IF they live into old age. This would be E: 1,3,2,3,4.

From,
Ai