Looking for sutta

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
khemindas

Looking for sutta

Post by khemindas » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:32 pm

I lost one sutta where Buddha told that he was reborn in the worlds where only pleasant feeling present. Does anyone knows where this sutta is?

Volo

Re: Looking for sutta

Post by Volo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:59 pm

I cannot recall sutta, where Buddha directly tells this about himself, but that such rebirth is possible, for example this:
AN 4.233 wrote:When he is reborn in such a world, non-afflictive contacts touch him. Being touched by non-afflictive contacts, he feels non-afflictive feelings, exclusively pleasant, as in the case of the devas of refulgent glory.945 This is called bright kamma with bright result.

Volo

Re: Looking for sutta

Post by Volo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:43 am

khemindas wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:32 pm
I lost one sutta where Buddha told that he was reborn in the worlds where only pleasant feeling present. Does anyone knows where this sutta is?
May be this is also of relevance, although it's not directly about feelings:
I have seen, bhikkhus, the heaven named ‘Contact’s Sixfold Base.’139 There whatever form one sees with the eye is desirable, never undesirable; lovely, never unlovely; agreeable, never disagreeable. Whatever sound one hears with the ear ... Whatever odour one smells with the nose ... Whatever taste one savours with the tongue ... Whatever tactile object one feels with the body ... Whatever mental phenomenon one cognizes with the mind is desirable, never undesirable; lovely, never unlovely; agreeable, never disagreeable.
SN 35.135