Seeking information about Ordination Process

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
bhattacharya.soumik

Seeking information about Ordination Process

Post by bhattacharya.soumik » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:12 am

Myself Soumik Bhattacharya, I am a Fashion Photographer and Individual Film Maker by Passion & Profession and a Diploma in Electronics n Communication Engineer by qualification. I am basically from Kolkata, India.

From my childhood, I had a keen interest in spirituality and now I want to continue my journey in a spiritual path. I have read books about Buddism and recently did Introduction to Buddism course from Tushita at McLeod Ganj, Dharamshala, India. They basically taught about Mahayana Tradition as it is a centre of FPMT Organization. To be honest I am amazed by readings of Buddhist philosophy and want to explore more in it. I want to dedicate myself to Buddism by becoming samanera or novice for now and later ordained as a monk. But the main issue is I don't know which monastery I should go and ask for it.I am basically from India but ready to relocate if any monastery of abroad gives me permission to join.

If I am given the option to choose monastery then I will prefer monastery near Bodhgaya or Sarnath or Sere jey monastery ( Mysore) or Nagpur. I am aware of various traditions in Buddhism. I want to go with Theravada Tradition.
If you can please help me in this and guide through then I shall be very much obliged to you.

Regards,

pilgrim

Re: Seeking information about Ordination Process

Post by pilgrim » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:27 am

Hello Soumik. Sadhu !..
Please see this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=24510

dharmacorps

Re: Seeking information about Ordination Process

Post by dharmacorps » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Sadhu! Welcome Soumik, I am not sure I can help provide any resources or information but I encourage your noble goal to ordain! :anjali:

Keep us updated on your progress!