Why vibhava is a type of bhava in Dependent Origination?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
justindesilva

Re: Why vibhava is a type of bhava in Dependent Origination?

Post by justindesilva »

James Tan wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:10 am
DooDoot wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:04 am
James Tan wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:33 amCan you elaborate about the Perceiving ? Does it include thinking and memory ?
I am not sure what perceiving is. Often perceiving is said to be "labeling" and therefore includes memory & a singular thought. However, perceiving could merely be the recognition of difference; such as perceiving the color difference between black & white or perceiving differences in shapes or sounds. I am not sure what perceiving (sanna) is. Possibly another dhamma friend can help elaborate, here.

I wonder what Sanna refer to ?
Labeling , recognising and memory .
Singular thought , care to expand ?
In the thought process it is , phassa ( contact), vedana
(feeling) , sangna ( signal ) , sankara (fabrication) vingana ( consciousness) .
Analogy:
A mango falls and the rays contact the eyes (phassa)
The eye receives and feels the rays ( vedana)
the feeling signals ( sangna)
the signal fabricates a form ( mango) with former experience. ( sankara)
the consciousness ( vingnana) intends on the action of this perception building kusal or akusal .
It is then registered as explained in citta vidi.
phassa vedana sangna sankara acts similarly with other consciousnesses ( vingnana) as ear sound, smell ( nose)
tongue ( taste) and skin( tactile) thus .
sentinel

Re: Why vibhava is a type of bhava in Dependent Origination?

Post by sentinel »

justindesilva wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:07 pm
James Tan wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:10 am
DooDoot wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:04 am
I am not sure what perceiving is. Often perceiving is said to be "labeling" and therefore includes memory & a singular thought. However, perceiving could merely be the recognition of difference; such as perceiving the color difference between black & white or perceiving differences in shapes or sounds. I am not sure what perceiving (sanna) is. Possibly another dhamma friend can help elaborate, here.

I wonder what Sanna refer to ?
Labeling , recognising and memory .
Singular thought , care to expand ?
In the thought process it is , phassa ( contact), vedana
(feeling) , sangna ( signal ) , sankara (fabrication) vingana ( consciousness) .
Analogy:
A mango falls and the rays contact the eyes (phassa)
The eye receives and feels the rays ( vedana)
the feeling signals ( sangna)
the signal fabricates a form ( mango) with former experience. ( sankara)
the consciousness ( vingnana) intends on the action of this perception building kusal or akusal .
It is then registered as explained in citta vidi.
phassa vedana sangna sankara acts similarly with other consciousnesses ( vingnana) as ear sound, smell ( nose)
tongue ( taste) and skin( tactile) thus .

I had hard time understanding the meaning of each of five aggregate and the link in Dependent origination .
The sankhara in aggregates and in dependent origination is different for example .
You always gain by giving