If I reborn, what is common thinng I find in next life?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
SarathW

Post by SarathW » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:13 am

Say, If I plant a apple or mango tree today I can enjoy the fruits in about two years.
I will be two years old and what is common is I can taste the fruit as if I eat a mango today.
Every thing else changed around me except my six senses.
So good Kamma will help me to satisfy my six senses to the fullest in the future.
If I reborn I will be able to satisfy my six senses even though it is not me.
Is this the right view?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

Virgo

Re: If I reborn, what is common thinng I find in next life?

Post by Virgo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:21 am

When you are reborn, you will experience both good kamma and bad kamma through your sense doors.

All conditioned phenomena bear the three marks. :anjali:

Kevin

Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:26 am

The three marks are:[6]

sabbe saṅkhārā aniccā — "all saṅkhāras (conditioned things) are impermanent"
sabbe saṅkhārā dukkhā — "all saṅkhāras are unsatisfactory"
sabbe dhammā anattā — "all dharmas (conditioned or unconditioned things) are not self"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_marks_of_existence

:anjali:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:51 am

When you are reborn, you will experience both good kamma and bad kamma through your sense doors.
So what you are saying is due to my present kamma only I will have next life is six senses?
Are all my sense experiences now a result of my previous kamma?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

aflatun

Post by aflatun » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 am

SarathW wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:51 am
So what you are saying is due to my present kamma only I will have next life is six senses?
Are all my sense experiences now a result of my previous kamma?
Not sure but my understanding is that your current six sense bases-the fact that you have them- are a result of your previous kamma,
“And what, bhikkhus, is old kamma? The eye is old kamma, to be seen as generated and fashioned by volition, as something to be felt. The ear is old kamma … The mind is old kamma, to be seen as generated and fashioned by volition, as something to be felt. This is called old kamma.
SN35.146

and your current sense experiences are a result of your past and present kamma (and probably some other stuff. This part I'm especially fuzzy on). I believe what you wrote reflects the Jain fatalism the Buddha rejected, but I can't find the sutta I'm thinking of at the moment. But here is something close:
Regarding this, I went up to the ascetics and brahmins whose view is that everything that is experienced is because of past deeds, and I said to them: ‘Is it really true that this is the venerables’ view?’ And they answered, ‘Yes’. I said to them: ‘In that case, you might kill living creatures, steal, be unchaste; use speech that’s false, divisive, harsh, or nonsensical; be covetous, malicious, or have wrong view, all because of past deeds.’

Those who believe that past deeds are the most important thing have no enthusiasm or effort, no idea that there are things that should and should not be done. Since they don’t acknowledge as a genuine fact that there are things that should and should not be done, they’re unmindful and careless, and can’t rightly be called ascetics. This is my first legitimate refutation of the ascetics and brahmins who have this doctrine and view.
AN3.61

Kamma ceases when contact ceases (i.e. Arahatta):
And what is the source of deeds? Contact is their source.

And what is the diversity of deeds? There are deeds that lead to rebirth in hell, the animal realm, the ghost realm, the human world, and the world of the gods. This is called the diversity of deeds.

And what is the result of deeds? The result of deeds is threefold, I say: in this very life, on rebirth in the next life, or at some later time. This is called the result of deeds.

And what is the cessation of deeds? When contact ceases, deeds cease. The practice that leads to the cessation of deeds is simply this noble eightfold path, that is: right view, right thought, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, and right immersion.
AN6.63

Hope that helps! :heart:
"People often get too quick to say 'there's no self. There's no self...no self...no self.' There is self, there is focal point, its not yours. That's what not self is."

Ninoslav Ñāṇamoli
Senses and the Thought-1, 42:53

"Those who create constructs about the Buddha,
Who is beyond construction and without exhaustion,
Are thereby damaged by their constructs;
They fail to see the Thus-Gone.

That which is the nature of the Thus-Gone
Is also the nature of this world.
There is no nature of the Thus-Gone.
There is no nature of the world."

Nagarjuna
MMK XXII.15-16

seeker242

Post by seeker242 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:24 am

Dukkha