Love free world because of gender free society !

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
sentinel

Love free world because of gender free society !

Post by sentinel »

Greetings ,

One of these days , the society is going to be free from male and female differentiation .The so called " genderless " world !
By then no more attraction between opposite sex . This is a Love Attraction Free world ! Therefore , it should be a Love Free , Desire Free world !

It seems that many buddhists whether lays or monastic were after equality in many aspects , one of which is the issue on genderless society which seems ok generally . That's an idealistic view not a fact regrettingly . Some reformation is necessary and bring wholesome outcome . Not all reformation is necessary and bring better result .
The question is , if we spend our precious training times and fighting for some probably unachievable ideal goal , might as well focus wholeheartedly on the practise of the path .

Imo , only those entering the stream of ariya finally will achieve genderless inner world , not otherwise .

:namaste:
You always gain by giving
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Love free world because of gender free society !

Post by Sam Vara »

James Tan wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:27 am
One of these days , the society is going to be free from male and female differentiation .The so called " genderless " world !
By then no more attraction between opposite sex . This is a Love Attraction Free world ! Therefore , it should be a Love Free , Desire Free world !
Why is society going to be free from male and female differentiation? I don't see any signs of it, although a small group of politically-motivated people might find it desirable and say it is on its way. Male and female differentiation seems to be a biological fact: there are inherent differences between male and female in most species, and humans are no exception. Gender is the cultural component which we add to these differences. It is fluid, but largely based on these biological facts.

There is also the point that people will desire more than sex and sexual expression.
Samana Johann 1

Post by Samana Johann 1 »

It's worthy to consider that Noble Attainments can not be gained but simply wishing, even demanting, hot dogs for everyone .

And if proclaiming pseudo liberality, making your lifelihood with it, proclaiming "Nibbana here and now", you do not only cut your self off but the way for many, especially for the poor, in the case you are rich.

This path and it's highest fruits are reached in the enviroment of Kamboja (Dwelling on own accord obtained), a state where everybody could by his own effort reach to be King and beyond.

Only if the strong desire for becoming and reproduction is removed, one, what ever body and heritage gained in this very existence, is capable to dwell the remaining time as an Arahat.

Be watchful not to either become another "pig" or "pig raiser" but work for and use hard obtained merits for the gain to work your way out, and become a real Khmer, khema, a person or land at peace.

Otherwise it just becomes another huge killing-field, if you give the color red, the color of desire, love, on to Khmer.

The first what is done if red has gained "power" is to kill all that is wise, educated, a symbol of veneration, a possible waygiver for your way out. Why? Because your labor is needed, to keep the productivity alive. It's somehow like BSE.

And it's not accidently that there where the countries killing fields have been, a mass on pig farmes growing today... like that wheel?

Don't distroy the way for does capable now. Nobody does a good if cutting people off to make merits (work) and really get out by own effort.

You may think you are free, god, Buddha. Look seriously how free you are before thinking of pulling others into your painful desires.

It's because of desire that suffering arises, birth is gained, sickness, aging and death. It desire is destroyed be removing ignorance of how things arise and decay, this is called Liberation, unbound, free.

Don't make your lifelihood, your revolutional ideas on poor! It will not last long till they eat you after many became 'victims', not free at all.
It's not clear if the possibility to take on form here is given, so also this post might be made on merely uncomfortable trust. Please don't be shy to make remark as well as to do what ever with the post you might be inspired to. Key is found here. May it be, how ever, understood as Dhamma-Dana toward the Sangha of Buddhas Savakas and those following them and not thought for any kind of trade or exchange for low purpose for the world. Feel also always welcome here.
Circle5

Post by Circle5 »

Sam Vara wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:41 am
Why is society going to be free from male and female differentiation? I don't see any signs of it, although a small group of politically-motivated people might find it desirable and say it is on its way. Male and female differentiation seems to be a biological fact: there are inherent differences between male and female in most species, and humans are no exception. Gender is the cultural component which we add to these differences. It is fluid, but largely based on these biological facts.

There is also the point that people will desire more than sex and sexual expression.
Also worth noting USA has just 4% of the world population. But for some reason many people act like it has 96%. The rest of the english world (UK, CA, AU) has another 1% of the world population.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Circle5 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:35 am
Also worth noting USA has just 4% of the world population. But for some reason many people act like it has 96%. The rest of the english world (UK, CA, AU) has another 1% of the world population.
Indeed, an excellent point.
sentinel

Post by sentinel »

Sam Vara wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:41 am Why is society going to be free from male and female differentiation? I don't see any signs of it, although a small group of politically-motivated people might find it desirable and say it is on its way.
That's what I'm saying , the small group you are saying might turn the world upside down , no ?
sentinel

Post by sentinel »

Circle5 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:35 am
Sam Vara wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:41 am

It seems the 4% could be leading the 96% population of the world towards certain direction , no ?
I see that from the 4% population where advance technology invented are changing the way of our living , no ?
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

James Tan wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:18 pm
That's what I'm saying , the small group you are saying might turn the world upside down , no ?
I don't think so. They could start by trying to convince my local Rugby Club. Big, muscular, hairy men who take enormous pride in their masculinity, and who ridicule feminine traits in other men, while valuing them lustfully in young women. Let's see if they can get the Rugby Club men to change their view.

At most, I think the small group will have an influence on some university departments, and some areas of popular culture. As I said earlier, gender is fluid in its expression, and we have had fashions for foppish men and dandies in the past. But nature wins, every time.
Justsit

Post by Justsit »

As Sam Vara mentioned above, sex and gender are not the same thing, despite the words frequently being used interchangeably in common speech. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_g ... istinction

I don't think we'll have a gender-free society, but perhaps we may develop a gender equivalent society, in which all genders are valued equally. It would be a refreshing change to appreciate and celebrate our differences rather than demean and denigrate them.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Justsit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:52 pm
I don't think we'll have a gender-free society, but perhaps we may develop a gender equivalent society, in which all genders are valued equally. It would be a refreshing change to appreciate and celebrate our differences rather than demean and denigrate them.
:goodpost: :thumbsup:
sentinel

Post by sentinel »

Justsit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:52 pm As Sam Vara mentioned above, sex and gender are not the same thing, despite the words frequently being used interchangeably in common speech. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_g ... istinction

Do you think Buddha favour gender free or gender equality ? Or both or neither ?
Do you think gender equivalent is something Buddha advocate ?
And how is It possible to value all gender equally with strong definition on both masculinity and femininity ?
Justsit

Post by Justsit »

James Tan wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:46 pm
Justsit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:52 pm As Sam Vara mentioned above, sex and gender are not the same thing, despite the words frequently being used interchangeably in common speech. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_g ... istinction

Do you think Buddha favour gender free or gender equality ? Or both or neither ?
And how is It possible to value all gender equally with strong definition on both masculinity and femininity ?
I don't know what the Buddha favored regarding gender; I don't recall it being mentioned in the 4NT or the 8FP. The form of Buddhism I practice teaches that it is indeed possible to value all genders equally. YMMV, obviously.
justindesilva

Post by justindesilva »

Justsit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 pm
James Tan wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:46 pm

I don't know what the Buddha favored regarding gender; I don't recall it being mentioned in the 4NT or the 8FP. The form of Buddhism I practice teaches that it is indeed possible to value all genders equally. YMMV, obviously.
Agganna sutta shows that at the beginning of this world there had no gender difference. As greed of the beings increased bryond limits males and females appeared.
Asexual reproduction then turns to be sexual. Which then means that two genders on this earth as of greed is for reproduction of beings. The idea of gay societies then is a misuse of sex . Here ignorance of humans gains a bad to worse extent to the downfall of societies. In sutras such as parabava and sigalovada , lord budda explains the danger of individual and social degradation attained by misuse of sex.
Lord budda however explains equality in genders in using resource and sharing resorces for living. Lord budda also emphasises in attending to religious rituals (dana, sila, bhavana) with giving equality to two genders. In travelling the path of noble eightfold path , lord budda showed no interest in genders.
As of suttas representing nakula matha and nakula pitha lord budda showed the importance of living together by two genders.
Justsit

Post by Justsit »

Birth, old age, sickness, death - the same for all genders. The Path - same for all genders.

Personally, I don't think gender has anything to do with whether one can awaken or not. But that's just my opinion.
sentinel

Post by sentinel »

justindesilva wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:18 pm

Lord budda however explains equality in genders in using resource and sharing resorces for living. Lord budda also emphasises in attending to religious rituals (dana, sila, bhavana) with giving equality to two genders. In travelling the path of noble eightfold path , lord budda showed no interest in genders.
It seems that when the westerners came into the picture , the monastic has a different scenarios .
They are 2 camps with one of it stressing the Vinaya wasn't Equal at all . In Theravada Buddhism the so called minority are fighting their "rights" to appeal for the nuns to stand side by side with the monks or even leading the monks instead .