Do these group of demi god exists ?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
James Tan

Do these group of demi god exists ?

Post by James Tan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:50 am

Greetings ,

Do these beings really exists ?
which sutta ever mentioned of these groups of demi god ? Naga,Yaksa,Gandabha,Asura,Garuda,Kinrara,Mahoraga .

If not mistaken the four heavenly kings control these groups , gandhaba 、pisaca 、kumbhanda 、peta 、naga 、putana 、yaksa 、rakshassa 。

What are the differences between all these beings ?
:reading:

Nwad

Re: Do these group of demi god exists ?

Post by Nwad » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:10 am

"Realy" - i dont think so... But "Conditionaly" - yes, quite sure

Its all just about feeling, perception, mental formations, consciousness... There is some animals who percive this world like a sound, others like a adour, so iam sure there is beings which being is different from ours

dylanj

Post by dylanj » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:12 am

James Tan wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:50 am
Greetings ,

Do these beings really exists ?
which sutta ever mentioned of these groups of demi god ? Naga,Yaksa,Gandabha,Asura,Garuda,Kinrara,Mahoraga .

If not mistaken the four heavenly kings control these groups , gandhaba 、pisaca 、kumbhanda 、peta 、naga 、putana 、yaksa 、rakshassa 。

What are the differences between all these beings ?
idk about kinrara, mahoraga, pisaca, putana, rakshassa, i think some of these might be hindu

the rest r legit
susukhaṃ vata nibbānaṃ,
sammā­sambud­dha­desitaṃ;
asokaṃ virajaṃ khemaṃ,
yattha dukkhaṃ nirujjhatī

Oh! extinction is so very blissful,
As taught by the One Rightly Self-Awakened:
Sorrowless, stainless, secure;
Where suffering all ceases

etaṁ santaṁ etaṁ panītaṁ yadidaṁ sabbasaṅkhārasamatho sabbūpadhipaṭi nissaggo taṇhakkhayo virāgo nirodho nibbānaṁ

This is peaceful, this is excellent, that is: the stilling of all fabrications, the relinquishment of all attachments, the destruction of craving, detachment, cessation, extinction.

dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:45 pm

Who knows if they exist or not? Obviously they are outside the "normal" experience of average humans for the most part. But people far more along on the continuum of enlightenment than most of us say they do exist, so I place my trust in their judgement. Anything more than that is a waste of time and speculation. Wish all beings good will and be done with it.

James Tan

Post by James Tan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:29 am

The reason I posted this question is because the monk whom I study with told that after he make researches on Sri Lankan history , that he found out that above labeling for the demi gods were actually referring to the aboriginal peoples .
Now , that is weird .
:reading:

Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:30 am

:namaste:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/