Looking for a nice copy of the Jataka Tales.

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
KeepCalm

Looking for a nice copy of the Jataka Tales.

Post by KeepCalm »

Hello,

I am looking for a nice (and as complete as possible) copy of the Jataka tales, in English & in print if possible. I don't seem to be able to find one out there at the moment! I guess I would have to consider an ebook if that is all that is available. Does anyone have any ideas where I may obtain a copy?

I am pretty poor a the moment so cost is a factor.

Pete A

p.s. Apologies if I posted this in the wrong section...
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Looking for a nice copy of the Jataka Tales.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Sacred Buddhist Texts is very dated now (Published in 1895), but is the only comprehensive translation of the Jātaka Commentaries that I know of.

You can find An Index and very brief summaries in the Dictionary of Pali Proper Names.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

I've been looking for the same-- this is the most complete printed collection I can find, but still doesn't include all the tales: https://store.pariyatti.org/Jataka-Tale ... _2591.html
bodom

Post by bodom »

dharmacorps wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:06 pm I've been looking for the same-- this is the most complete printed collection I can find, but still doesn't include all the tales: https://store.pariyatti.org/Jataka-Tale ... _2591.html
Look like a winner. Thanks for sharing. Income tax is coming Friday and I'm sticking up my library!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm »

Thank you Bhante, Thank you bodom.

:anjali: