Repenting

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Nicolas

Re: Repenting

Post by Nicolas »

Many suttas wrote:It is growth in the Noble One’s Discipline when one sees one’s transgression as such, makes amends in accordance with the Dhamma, and undertakes restraint in the future.
ganegaar

Post by ganegaar »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:38 am thepea wrote:
I guarantee you my palace kicks gotama's ass
As a path walker do you place importance on repenting or do you feel this is ritualistic behaviour?
not really sure what you tried to do, but,
It is easy to hate a lunatic like Hitler, to hate of cause you need a degree of hate in your mind,
But to hate a person who is a serial killer, well, you would need more effort in your mind, to hate to the same degree as to Hitler,
Then to hate a person who has broken into a bank, well, one will need a certain type of mind to hate to the same degree as to Hitler,
Then to hate a teenager who has being a little annoying, to the same degree as Hitler!

I think you see what i am getting at.., to hate a person who has never wronged any, who has shown the path of peace,...what a mess you are in my friend :(

You may say, you did not hate him, but just replace it with a word that suits you what you tried to do, with characters that fits instead of Hitler and serial killer, one would still see the mess you are in!.

Thepea, the post is not for you, for you may not understand it, it is for my other friends, who might got agitated when our beloved teacher, Buddha is spoken of this way!
Sīlepatiṭṭhāya naro sapañño, cittaṃ paññañca bhāvayaṃ;
Ātāpī nipako bhikkhu, so imaṃ vijaṭaye jaṭanti.
ganegaar

Post by ganegaar »

Oh, may be I did not read the whole thread.., may be what is written is not what i meant by Thepea, but I still am confused, on all things on earth, what an example Thepea has taken to make his point!
Sīlepatiṭṭhāya naro sapañño, cittaṃ paññañca bhāvayaṃ;
Ātāpī nipako bhikkhu, so imaṃ vijaṭaye jaṭanti.