Stillness Flowing - new biography of Ajahn Chah

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
PeteRetsof

Re: Stillness Flowing - new biography of Ajahn Chah

Post by PeteRetsof »

Just got a copy last night at Wat Buddha Dhamma. They had plenty.
Caodemarte

Post by Caodemarte »

Thank you all for the information. :anjali:
JMGinPDX

Post by JMGinPDX »

We just got our copies at Portland Friends of the Dhamma over the weekend, I was able to grab one and lug it home. Good thing I have an SUV, the book took up almost as much space as my kid :)
Right now, it's like this...
bodom

Post by bodom »

I received my book a few days ago in the mail. What an absolutely amazing book! I thought that I had known all there is to know about this legendary monk and his teachings but I was wrong. This book is incredibly detailed in not only Laung Por's life and experiences but also the history of Buddhism in Thailand. I recommend everyone who enjoys Ajahn Chah's teachings to order a copy from Abhayagiri or download it to your E reader. I haven't been able to put it down. It is a treasure.

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Planetary

Post by Planetary »

:twothumbsup: yessss, been waiting for this. Thank you for the info!
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

bodom wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:44 pm I received my book a few days ago in the mail. What an absolutely amazing book! I thought that I had known all there is to know about this legendary monk and his teachings but I was wrong. This book is incredibly detailed in not only Laung Por's life and experiences but also the history of Buddhism in Thailand. I recommend everyone who enjoys Ajahn Chah's teachings to order a copy from Abhayagiri or download it to your E reader. I haven't been able to put it down. It is a treasure.

I'm about 150 pages in and its already, I suspect going to be a favorite of mine. It shows a whole other side to Luang Por as you said!
bodom

Post by bodom »

dharmacorps wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:20 pm
bodom wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:44 pm I received my book a few days ago in the mail. What an absolutely amazing book! I thought that I had known all there is to know about this legendary monk and his teachings but I was wrong. This book is incredibly detailed in not only Laung Por's life and experiences but also the history of Buddhism in Thailand. I recommend everyone who enjoys Ajahn Chah's teachings to order a copy from Abhayagiri or download it to your E reader. I haven't been able to put it down. It is a treasure.

I'm about 150 pages in and its already, I suspect going to be a favorite of mine. It shows a whole other side to Luang Por as you said!
Yep I'm about 100 pages or so in and can honestly say it's the most inspiring book I've ever read.

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
atharva2k

Post by atharva2k »

I'm SO excited to read this.
bodom

Post by bodom »

atharva2k wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:36 am I'm SO excited to read this.
You will absolutely not be dissapointed. Everytime I think it's as good as it gets it gets even better!

- BB
gavesako

Post by gavesako »

Ajahn Viradhammo talking at Wat Pa Pong about his memories of living in Ajahn Chah's monastery and the team spirit among the monks there, also about the Buddhist culture and the lay people who supported their commitment to practise hard:

Bhikkhu Gavesako
Kiṃkusalagavesī anuttaraṃ santivarapadaṃ pariyesamāno... (MN 26)

Access to Insight - Theravada texts
Ancient Buddhist Texts - Translations and history of Pali texts
Dhammatalks.org - Sutta translations
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

Stillness Flowing
AUDIOBOOK

An official audiobook version of Stillness Flowing is now completed. There are several ways that this life and teachings of Ajahn Chah can be listened to.

Directly from Dhamma by Ajahn Jayasaro website:
https://www.jayasaro.panyaprateep.org/en/audio-album/9

iOS devices can be listened to through the Apple Podcasts app:
https://podcasts.apple.com/th/podcast/s ... 1482419439

Android devices can listen through any podcast app or Podbean Pro free app:
https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/ ... ce=i_share

Source: https://discourse.suttacentral.net/t/st ... ah/8492/21

:anjali:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
Alino

Post by Alino »

🙏🙏🙏😊
My favorite book! So inspiring!
We don't live Samsara, Samsara is living us...

"Form, feelings, perceptions, formations, consciousness - don't care about us, we don't exist for them"