Theravada Buddhism and Trans Folk

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Justsit

Re: Theravada Buddhism and Trans Folk

Post by Justsit »

binocular wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:18 pm
Justsit wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:58 pmPlease explain how your statements relate to transgender people specifically.
What's there to explain? If trans people believe they are equal to others, then why don't they behave equally to others, or as equals to others?

If trans people would behave in a manner suggesting that transitioning is something completely natural and normal, others would have no reason to question them or discriminate against them. Instead of the Biblical story being about Adam and Eve, it would be about Adam, the man, Eve, the woman, and Sasha, the transgender.

Uh, OK, right...

:rolleye:
Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble »

Sakkaya-ditthi.
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha
binocular

Post by binocular »

Coëmgenu wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:39 pmYesterday, I ordered some food online. The food I received was not the food I ordered. I asked for a refund, I asked for mercy from my abuser however hyperbolic that language is in this instance, since I had been financially wronged, and I received it.

In asking for that refund, I explained why I was asking for a refund, seeking understanding from my abuser. Ultimately, the abuser has the power here, since they can simply decide not to refund me and I'm hardly going to take them to court over less than $10.
Did they deliberately send you the wrong food? If they didn't, the scenarios are not comparable.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!