Unconditioned

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Unexist
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Re: Unconditioned

Post by Unexist » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Buddha did not said, I seen the house builder. Exact translation is " oh house builder you have been seen". Question remain who saw it? The answer is the eightfold path, the tathagata.

Buddha was referring here to Advaita Vedanta's, Upanishad's so called eternal principle" Brahman".
After purity there arises knowledge, wisdom or ultimate path of knowledge and the house builder home is on fire with lightening of wisdom.

This house builder then broke apart with it's parts fallen clearly visible only to the eye of wisdom. Then in that burnt ashesh, there lies a principle which is like head taken out from body fallen apart. But delusionly Vedanta, Veda and Upanishad called it eternal as it is the last part of knowledge and whatever is last is they call it real.

Buddha said what is Burt by fire only there remain ash and we can't call the ashesh eternal. The effect they see is delusionly thinking as ultimate cause. Hence Buddha said anatta, anitya (not eternal self, imparmanent).
This is the only difference the Buddha brought out the revolution. And his only goal is to how to burn that principle which lies in myriads of birth and death. He conclude the fire which burnt is the path or the water who quenched the thirst for Nirvana is the path. He named it as truth, the path of purity and conduct.

---++++---+---++

User avatar
Dhammanando
Posts: 3837
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 pm
Location: Ban Sri Pradu Cremation Ground, Phrao District, Chiangmai

Re: Unconditioned

Post by Dhammanando » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:10 am

Unexist wrote:Buddha did not said, I seen the house builder. Exact translation is " oh house builder you have been seen". Question remain who saw it? The answer is the eightfold path, the tathagata.
:roll:

In narrative Pali, acts of seeing, hearing, sensing, suspecting, etc., are routinely indicated with passive rather than active constructions. No need to go reading Hindu philosophy into it.

Diṭṭhosi, pārājikaṃ dhammaṃ ajjhāpannosi, assamaṇosi, asakyaputtiyosi.

I have seen that you have committed an offence entailing defeat. You are no longer an ascetic, not a son of the Sakyan.”

A form-equivalent rendering would be:

You are-seen; you are one-who-has-transgressed a defeating rule; you are a non-ascetic; you are a non-son-of-the-Sakyan.”

Uṭṭhehi, āvuso, diṭṭhosi bhagavatā; natthi te bhikkhūhi saddhiṃ saṃvāso ti.

“Stand up, friend. The Blessed One has seen you. For you there is no communion with the bhikkhus.”

or:

“Stand up, friend. You have been seen by the Blessed One ...”

Unexist
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Re: Unconditioned

Post by Unexist » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:36 am

Ditthosi bhagava! The tathagata seen you! The tathagata is synonym for not Gautama nor to Buddha but who is the master who enlighten man out of his ignorance. That's why it is called bhagava, means who shake off evil, the tathagata, the dhamma, the eightfold path. Buddhist called it tathagata, Jesus call it Father, Saint Kabir called it Raam-Naam , Tukaram call it Vitthal, Mira called it her beloved.

Buddha never created any religion. Whether you call it by many names, what's the matter? The walking on the path and faith or love is most essential thing.

Advaita Vedanta and Upanishad, Veda. They have created the seen principle as eternal God. Sheer illusion!
The long post is not meant for propagation of any religion but truth!

User avatar
Dhammanando
Posts: 3837
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 pm
Location: Ban Sri Pradu Cremation Ground, Phrao District, Chiangmai

Re: Unconditioned

Post by Dhammanando » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:53 am

Unexist wrote:The long post is not meant for propagation of any religion but truth...
... as it is conceived in the more flabby-minded forms of Hindu perennialism.

Unexist
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Re: Unconditioned

Post by Unexist » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Whatever you said not accepted or rejected. These are mere words.
In previous statements, vedanta, Veda and Upanishad are form of illusion as said.
So why question for Hinduism? I belong to no religion!

Hope you awaken in this very life. With love!

Unexist
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Re: Unconditioned

Post by Unexist » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:33 pm

One more thing sir! What you deleted some lines from the earlier passage is true in every word of it. One fear to post these unharmful message means fearing to truth.

Sorry sir! I came to wrong place!

Saengnapha
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:17 am

Re: Unconditioned

Post by Saengnapha » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:43 am

Dhammanando wrote:
Unexist wrote:Buddha did not said, I seen the house builder. Exact translation is " oh house builder you have been seen". Question remain who saw it? The answer is the eightfold path, the tathagata.
:roll:

In narrative Pali, acts of seeing, hearing, sensing, suspecting, etc., are routinely indicated with passive rather than active constructions. No need to go reading Hindu philosophy into it.

Diṭṭhosi, pārājikaṃ dhammaṃ ajjhāpannosi, assamaṇosi, asakyaputtiyosi.

I have seen that you have committed an offence entailing defeat. You are no longer an ascetic, not a son of the Sakyan.”

A form-equivalent rendering would be:

You are-seen; you are one-who-has-transgressed a defeating rule; you are a non-ascetic; you are a non-son-of-the-Sakyan.”

Uṭṭhehi, āvuso, diṭṭhosi bhagavatā; natthi te bhikkhūhi saddhiṃ saṃvāso ti.

“Stand up, friend. The Blessed One has seen you. For you there is no communion with the bhikkhus.”

or:

“Stand up, friend. You have been seen by the Blessed One ...”
I seem to have gone off the rails trying to understand what you are talking about in the above post. Could you be so kind as to translate this into plain English and explain why you are refuting what Unexist has said? Thank you.

User avatar
Dhammanando
Posts: 3837
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 pm
Location: Ban Sri Pradu Cremation Ground, Phrao District, Chiangmai

Re: Unconditioned

Post by Dhammanando » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Saengnapha wrote:Could you be so kind as to translate this into plain English and explain why you are refuting what Unexist has said?
The poster imagines that there is some hidden significance in the Buddha's choosing to express himself in the passive voice rather than the active voice, and that that s/he has discovered this hidden significance and now deigns to reveal it to us.

In my response I pointed out that there are no grounds for supposing this to be the case. It's simply that certain Pali verbs are more commonly (or just as commonly) used in the passive than in the active voice. To illustrate this I gave a couple of examples, taken from quite pedestrian narratives in the Vinaya Piṭaka in which there isn't even the tiniest likelihood of a hidden meaning.

chownah
Posts: 7039
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Unconditioned

Post by chownah » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:49 pm


Saengnapha
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:17 am

Re: Unconditioned

Post by Saengnapha » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:28 pm

I've never run into these terms before. Thanks.

Unexist
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Re: Unconditioned

Post by Unexist » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:27 am

The Eightfold path means insight, made up of eight bends or eight curves or eight bhajangas. It is the same as Sunyata or Brahman of Advaita. Samma ditthi is the starting point which is starting with higher knowledge. Samma means 'absorbed into that' or like when one looks at the mirror knows his true face reflected in it by the actual face. Now he know his face and discards the mirror since it is not needed now. This is called Samma Ditthi. Now after the Samma Ditthi one needs to renunciate from all ties to proceeds further. He who walk along the path of Eightfold absorption, always absorbed in That while walking, sleeping, eating or doing something. Hence it is called Samma activities, absorbed acts. Who acquire the Samma Ditthi make resolve to end the suffering and being a traveling like a Rhino, partaking nothing but some thrown cloths and food by begging. He travels from place to place, like Fakir, Sometimes like Sage, like Madman. Eventually this is the way towards end of suffering. The word Samma denotes high level of knowledge. The world enveloped in the delusion towards Samma meaning, hence, they translate as 'Right'.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 66 guests