Physical pain and tension

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Pinetree

Re: Physical pain and tension

Post by Pinetree » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:51 pm

Should one try to be constantly aware of the muscle movements involved in moving one's body, for example lifting up one's arm?
Not in that much detail, just know that you're lifting your arm and aware of the sensations that you perceive.
Is there a way of working with the "wind element"/other elements that allows one to be more in tune with his or her body and become skillful in creating a sense of ease within the body without deluding oneself in the process?
The breath, movements of the abdomen is enough for me.

I think you may be trying to complicate yourself more than necessary. Maybe it would be helpful to be aware of your reasons for doing that.

kirk5a

Post by kirk5a » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:16 pm

Tom wrote: Is there a way of working with the "wind element"/other elements that allows one to be more in tune with his or her body and become skillful in creating a sense of ease within the body without deluding oneself in the process?
Sure. As I said before, have a look at Ajahn Lee's Method 2.
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai ... ml#method2
"When one thing is practiced & pursued, ignorance is abandoned, clear knowing arises, the conceit 'I am' is abandoned, latent tendencies are uprooted, fetters are abandoned. Which one thing? Mindfulness immersed in the body." -AN 1.230

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:28 pm

Tom
Do you have a balance diet.
Take Magnesium tablet daily.
It is very good for body pain and tension.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Pinetree wrote:
Is there a way of working with the "wind element"/other elements that allows one to be more in tune with his or her body and become skillful in creating a sense of ease within the body without deluding oneself in the process?
The breath, movements of the abdomen is enough for me.

I think you may be trying to complicate yourself more than necessary. Maybe it would be helpful to be aware of your reasons for doing that.
From an thread I started 3 days ago : http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.ph ... 88#p367234" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm been feeling rather stuck and tense lately physically because I feel a bit lost on how to conceptualize voluntary internal movements. Ultimately what I'm seeking is a Buddhist perspective on how to always maintain the best ease in the body possible in whatever activities one is doing