amara

Why there are more people now than 2500 year ago

Post by amara »

Why there are more people now than 2500 year ago
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Why there are more people now than 2500 year ago

Post by DNS »

As in population growth? It tends to go that way by a natural progression with high birth rates, longer longevity with increases in medical sciences, etc.

If you mean where do the new "spirits" (for lack of a better term) come from, well there is the animal kingdom and other beings in other realms, according to the cosmology.
LXNDR

Post by LXNDR »

David N. Snyder wrote:As in population growth? It tends to go that way by a natural progression with high birth rates, longer longevity with increases in medical sciences, etc.

If you mean where do the new "spirits" (for lack of a better term) come from, well there is the animal kingdom and other beings in other realms, according to the cosmology.
that means that on one hand the 'sinners' have been doing significantly better as of late, if they become lucky enough to reborn as humans, while on the other the 'saints' have been falling off their brahma worlds

in any event something must be going on in other spheres of existence
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

LXNDR wrote:
Years ago, I remember a Tibetan Buddhist teacher saying at a talk, that there's no reason why beings from other planets couldn't be reincarnating here.

Personally I think its all pointless speculation, as I drink my morning cofee and look out of the window at bees buzzing around the flowers. Time to do some weekend weeding .

:)
Last edited by Aloka on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheNoBSBuddhist

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

LXNDR wrote:In any event something must be going on in other spheres of existence
Why must it?
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

LXNDR wrote:
David N. Snyder wrote:As in population growth? It tends to go that way by a natural progression with high birth rates, longer longevity with increases in medical sciences, etc.

that means that on one hand the 'sinners' have been doing significantly better as of late, if they become lucky enough to reborn as humans, while on the other the 'saints' have been falling off their brahma worlds

Hi Laxndr
Buddhism does not talk about sinners and saints. According to Buddhism there are wholesome acts and unwholesome acts.
Animlal can perform wholesome acts too. Just look around and see some animals are better than some human.
Human world is not a bad destination. Buddha desend from Braham world to human world so as to attain Nirvana.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
LXNDR

Post by LXNDR »

SarathW wrote:
LXNDR wrote:

Hi Laxndr
Buddhism does not talk about sinners and saints. According to Buddhism there are wholesome acts and unwholesome acts.
Animlal can perform wholesome acts too. Just look around and see some animals are better than some human.
Human world is not a bad destination. Buddha desend from Braham world to human world so as to attain Nirvana.
right, that's why i quoted these words, having used them for lack of a better term or my laziness to search for one

no destination is absolutely good or bad, everything is relative

i know human realm is considered fortunate as demonstrated in the Sakkapannha sutta for example, but i'm not sure whether it's considered so unconditionally or only for the times when there's living buddha in the world

it is also known that those who reach brahma worlds attain nibbana right there
LXNDR

Post by LXNDR »

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:
LXNDR wrote:In any event something must be going on in other spheres of existence
Why must it?
not being in possession of supernatural psychic powers, have no clue :shrug:
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

According to Buddhism you cant attain Nirvana in Brahamawold as they do not have sense faculties.
I do not think anybody want a rebirth in a lower places such as Apaya.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:
Why must it?
Because it would be impossible to make sense of a sphere of existence in which nothing at all was going on.
walkart

Post by walkart »

amara wrote:Why there are more people now than 2500 year ago
Because there is enough conditions for manifestation such a quantity of humain beings. When conditions will disapear or decrise, humain beings will disapear or decrise.
LXNDR

Post by LXNDR »

walkart wrote:
amara wrote:Why there are more people now than 2500 year ago
Because there is enough conditions for manifestation such a quantity of humain beings. When conditions will disapear or decrise, humain beings will disapear or decrise.
but the mere fact of multiplication of human race must be a response to some kind of cosmic necessity, perchance
TheNoBSBuddhist

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

Sam Vara wrote:
TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:
Why must it?
Because it would be impossible to make sense of a sphere of existence in which nothing at all was going on.
...What 'spheres of existence'...?
but the mere fact of multiplication of human race must be a response to some kind of cosmic necessity, perchance
Hypothesis.

Why do we always believe there must be an answer to everything - and that we deserve to know it?
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
LXNDR

Post by LXNDR »

SarathW wrote:According to Buddhism you cant attain Nirvana in Brahamawold as they do not have sense faculties.
DPPN : Brahmaloka wrote:Anāgāmins, who die before attaining arahantship, are reborn in the Suddhāvāsā Brahma-worlds and there pass away entirely
so i guess it's more accurate to speak of planes of the Brahma world, which there're 20 of
LXNDR

Post by LXNDR »

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:
LXNDR wrote:
Hypothesis.

Why do we always believe there must be an answer to everything - and that we deserve to know it?
indeed, a hypothesis

predictability brings a sense of stability into life, which is generally considered a positive thing, that's why eternalism is so popular

then there's another option, total indifference, which i'm in favor of, but to succeed in it one must get grounded within oneself