Page 1 of 2

how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:05 pm
by BlueLotus
does anyone know where ajahn sumedha an ajahn jayasaro is now located?

thanks you
:anjali:

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:11 pm
by DAWN
I know that Ajahn Jayasaro dwells in mountain of Khao Yai, alone, and gives techings one per mounth.
Honestly, I would like to be his disciple, but i think that he prefere to be alone, and practice alone...

And, as i know, Ajahn Sumedho dwells in Thailand, perharps is Wat Pah Nanachat

I'am not sure about that i said
:namaste:

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:20 pm
by BlueLotus
DAWN wrote:I know that Ajahn Jayasaro dwells in mountain of Khao Yai, alone, and gives techings one per mounth.
Honestly, I would like to be his disciple, but i think that he prefere to be alone, and practice alone...

And, as i know, Ajahn Sumedho dwells in Thailand, perharps is Wat Pah Nanachat

I'am not sure about that i said
:namaste:
Thank you friend.

Is Khao Yai a forest mountain or something or is it monastery?

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:28 pm
by DAWN
BlueLotus wrote:
DAWN wrote:I know that Ajahn Jayasaro dwells in mountain of Khao Yai, alone, and gives techings one per mounth.
Honestly, I would like to be his disciple, but i think that he prefere to be alone, and practice alone...

And, as i know, Ajahn Sumedho dwells in Thailand, perharps is Wat Pah Nanachat

I'am not sure about that i said
:namaste:
Thank you friend.

Is Khao Yai a forest mountain or something or is it monastery?
With pleasure !

It's not an monastery, i think its simethink like a hill or mountain

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 pm
by appicchato
Is Khao Yai a forest mountain or something or is it monastery?
Ajahn Jayasaro lives on a private estate about the size (and layout) of a five-star country club...

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:27 am
by DAWN
He 'belongs' yo this country club, or it's just coincidence ?

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:02 am
by BlueLotus
appicchato wrote:
Is Khao Yai a forest mountain or something or is it monastery?
Ajahn Jayasaro lives on a private estate about the size (and layout) of a five-star country club...
he has private estate? :jawdrop:

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:52 am
by Sutiro
They aren't Thai monks. One is English and the other American (USA). As now is the rains retreat, you are unlikely to access them before November. Ajahn Jayasaro, I think is available at Khao Yai (big mountain) on Sundays by appointment. Ajahn Sumedho is "in retirement". His work is completed, I think that means.

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:17 pm
by gavesako
Ajahn Jayasaro lives near Rai Thawsee, a private Buddhist school in Pak Chong called "Panyaprateep". He is the advisor of several such schools in Thailand and also abroad. He has a kuti and walking path in a quiet corner of this property where he can practise and study undisturbed, but occasionally he gives a public talk as well.

http://www.thawsischool.com/old/dhamma_ ... ateep.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thawsischool.com/dhamma-news ... nth_3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:55 pm
by gavesako
Here is a link to a new book of photographs combined with some poems:


Seen in their true light
by Ajahn Jayasaro (107 photos)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 590&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there is an energy
that unchannelled
flows into ill-will and finding fault
deal with it wisely
and you may pour that molten flow
into a Buddha
within your heart

- Ajahn Jayasaro

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:28 pm
by James the Giant
Sutiro wrote:Ajahn Sumedho is "in retirement". His work is completed, I think that means.
I thought it just meant he was old, and is not really up to teaching anymore.

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:49 pm
by imagemarie
gavesako wrote:Here is a link to a new book of photographs combined with some poems:


Seen in their true light
by Ajahn Jayasaro (107 photos)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 590&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there is an energy
that unchannelled
flows into ill-will and finding fault
deal with it wisely
and you may pour that molten flow
into a Buddha
within your heart

- Ajahn Jayasaro

This looks beautiful. Will the book become available in print?
:anjali:

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:23 pm
by Mr Man
imagemarie wrote:[


This looks beautiful. Will the book become available in print?
:anjali:
It is available as a book for free distribution.

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:45 pm
by imagemarie
Mr Man wrote:
imagemarie wrote:[


This looks beautiful. Will the book become available in print?
:anjali:
It is available as a book for free distribution.

Thanks. Do you mean as a download then?
If it IS available as a hard copy, where would this be?
Not at "forestSangha publications.org" anyway.

:anjali:

Re: how to meet some thai monks?

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:18 pm
by Mr Man
imagemarie wrote:
Mr Man wrote:
imagemarie wrote:[


This looks beautiful. Will the book become available in print?
:anjali:
It is available as a book for free distribution.

Thanks. Do you mean as a download then?
If it IS available as a hard copy, where would this be?
Not at "forestSangha publications.org" anyway.

:anjali:
I was at Amaravati a couple of weekends back and Ajahn Amaro gave me a "hard" copy.