Volunteer needed to test epubs on a reading device

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
BKh

Volunteer needed to test epubs on a reading device

Post by BKh »

I've got a couple of e-books in the epub format almost ready to go. I'm trying to find someone who has a dedicated e-pub reading device such as a Nook, Kobo, or Sony Reader to test them and tell me if the fonts work correctly.

I don't need the books to be proofread, simply checked for the proper Pali font. Please send me a pm if you are interested and I'll get you the books.

Best wishes,
BKh
| One sutta per day to your inbox | ReadingFaithfully.org Support for reading the Suttas | Citation lookup helper | Instant sutta name lookup | Instant PED lookup | Instant DPPN lookup |
Ytrog

Re: Volunteer needed to test epubs on a reading device

Post by Ytrog »

I have a Sony PRS-600 so I can do that.
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
BKh

Post by BKh »

Thanks Ytrog! :clap:

Any one out there with a Nook or Kobo want to give them a try?
| One sutta per day to your inbox | ReadingFaithfully.org Support for reading the Suttas | Citation lookup helper | Instant sutta name lookup | Instant PED lookup | Instant DPPN lookup |
Renlaenderin

Post by Renlaenderin »

I have a barnes and Noble Nook. They use epubs, shall i check too?
BKh

Post by BKh »

Renlaenderin wrote:I have a barnes and Noble Nook. They use epubs, shall i check too?
Thanks! check your PM's for the links.
Ferox

Post by Ferox »

I have a Kindle
-just one more being treading the ancient path of Dhamma-
BKh

Post by BKh »

Ferox wrote:I have a Kindle
Thanks for the offer. I have actually already been able to test them on a Kindle. But I don't have access to an epub based device. They tested out fine on a Sony Reader.

As they are ready I will add them to this thread so you can keep an eye out there.
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8243" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;