Ajahn Dtun (Thiracitto) autobiography, one of great Thai forest meditation masters

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
frank k

Ajahn Dtun (Thiracitto) autobiography, one of great Thai forest meditation masters

Post by frank k »

http://notesonthedhamma.blogspot.com/20 ... hy-in.html

Hot off the presses,

Ajahn Dtun (Thiracitto) autobiography in PDF format, I hacked it and built a table of contents for an EPUB and AZW3 version.
www.lucid24.org/sted : ☸Lucid24.org🐘 STED definitions
www.audtip.org/audtip: 🎙️🔊Audio Tales in Pāli: ☸Dharma and Vinaya in many languages
rightviewftw

Re: Ajahn Dtun (Thiracitto) autobiography, one of great Thai forest meditation masters

Post by rightviewftw »

I am soon finished reading. It has given me a more detailed understanding of this particular way of practice & progression which is seemingly typical to TFT and Dhammayuttika Nikaya. Tnx
'Bhikkhus, possessing three qualities, a bhikkhu is practicing the unmistaken way and has laid the groundwork for the destruction of the taints. What three? Here, a bhikkhu guards the doors of the sense faculties, observes moderation in eating, and is intent on wakefulness. He should develop perception of unattractiveness so as to abandon lust... good will so as to abandon ill will... mindfulness of in-&-out breathing so as to cut off distractive thinking... the perception of inconstancy so as to uproot the conceit, 'I am.
Mr Man

Re: Ajahn Dtun (Thiracitto) autobiography, one of great Thai forest meditation masters

Post by Mr Man »

rightviewftw wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:23 am I am soon finished reading. It has given me a more detailed understanding of this particular way of practice & progression which is seemingly typical to TFT and Dhammayuttika Nikaya. Tnx
Hi rightviewftw

I believe that Ajahn Dtun was ordained at Wat Nong Pah Pong with Ajahn Chah as his preceptor and is not Dhammayuttika Nikaya.
rightviewftw

Post by rightviewftw »

Mr Man wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 am
rightviewftw wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:23 am I am soon finished reading. It has given me a more detailed understanding of this particular way of practice & progression which is seemingly typical to TFT and Dhammayuttika Nikaya. Tnx
Hi rightviewftw

I believe that Ajahn Dtun was ordained at Wat Nong Pah Pong with Ajahn Chah as his preceptor and is not Dhammayuttika Nikaya.
Hey. You are correct in that he is Thai Forest but the way he trains is seemingly very similar to Ajahn Maha Boowa. If you read ie 'Wisdom creates samadhi' by Ven. Maha Boowa you might find it to be quite similar.

It is my impression that the Asubha training is done similarly in both traditions. I've seen other members of TFT discuss similar progression of asubha and maranasati elsewhere as well.

It is good that Ven. Dtun documented the development of his training and views in this way.
'Bhikkhus, possessing three qualities, a bhikkhu is practicing the unmistaken way and has laid the groundwork for the destruction of the taints. What three? Here, a bhikkhu guards the doors of the sense faculties, observes moderation in eating, and is intent on wakefulness. He should develop perception of unattractiveness so as to abandon lust... good will so as to abandon ill will... mindfulness of in-&-out breathing so as to cut off distractive thinking... the perception of inconstancy so as to uproot the conceit, 'I am.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Another Reddit fad monk for those seeking ego individualism.

Ajahn Dtun visits Ajahn Chah monasteries in Australia often, such as Wat Buddha Dhamma.

We have followed his visits for many years. Ajahn Dtun won't validate your idiosyncratic heresies about Dhamma. :smile:
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati