Think twice before you ink!

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
Ben

Think twice before you ink!

Post by Ben » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:34 am

Interesting article on tattoo removal.
Tatts gotta hurt: inking twice means suffering for your art

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/tatt ... z1Rg4kQ5gs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Removal is not for the faint-hearted. Experts say it hurts more than inking. Blake's half-sleeve has cost close to $3000 for 10 treatments, and remains clearly visible. He estimates he has a few treatments to go before his arm will be ready for its next adventure: a vibrant new tattoo.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/tatt ... z1Rg4c2Lwr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Have you had a tattoo? Have you had or thought about getting a tattoo removed?
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com..

BubbaBuddhist

Re: Think twice before you ink!

Post by BubbaBuddhist » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:44 am

Since I was never in prison, nor am ex-military, nor grew up in a trailer park, nor in the music industry, I am ink-free. :lol:
Author of Redneck Buddhism: or Will You Reincarnate as Your Own Cousin?

Ben

Post by Ben » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:47 am

Greetings Jon,
Metta-4 wrote:Since I was never in prison, nor am ex-military, nor grew up in a trailer park, nor in the music industry, I am ink-free. :lol:
I sometimes think we might be in the minority here!
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com..

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:53 am

Metta-4 wrote:Since I was never in prison, nor am ex-military, nor grew up in a trailer park, nor in the music industry, I am ink-free. :lol:
Oh, dear. Such stereotyping.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

andre9999

Post by andre9999 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:07 pm

I'm pretty much 3 for 4 and have no tattoos.