Collecting photographies?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
David2

Collecting photographies?

Post by David2 »

What do you think about taking photos and collecting them over the years?
In the past I did this, but now it seems like it does not make any sense anymore and I am thinking about getting rid of all of those old photos.

According to the Dhamma, why should we keep any photos which remind us of the past, when the present is all what we need to be happy?

Do you collect photos yourself? If so, what is your intention doing this?
David2

Re: Collecting photographies?

Post by David2 »

Well, maybe it was a bit foolish to open this thread, because now that I read it again, I seem to have already given the answer. :P
Maybe the reason why I opened this thread was attachment to the old photos.
It seems that there is no reason to keep those photos... so i will just get rid of them today. ;)
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

What you are today is the result of what you were, and what you did, in the past. Sometimes photos, like books and CDs we used to love, can help us remember where we come from and notice how much we have changed - or maybe not changed.
I don't think there's any great harm in keeping such things, so long as we stay anchored in the present and don't try to cling to the past. There's no great harm in throwing them out, either.

:namaste:
Kim
icyteru

Post by icyteru »

if you're assuming that way, you must get rid all of your stuff in home. because that is also reminding of the past. :rofl:
The most complete english tipitaka on the internet world. http://realtruthlife.blogspot.com .