My Abbot is improving

If you wish to partake in casual "off-topic" discussion amongst spiritual friends, please do so in the Lounge at Dhamma Wheel Engaged.
Phra Chuntawongso

My Abbot is improving

Post by Phra Chuntawongso »

Hello everyone.
I thought that I would update you all in regards to my Abbot, Bhante Dr. Apisit.
Bhante came out of hospital yesterday and came up to the temple to pay us all a quick visit.
Although he has a way to go before getting back to good health, he has improved greatly since I last saw him, and the yellow has gone from his eyes.
He will be spending some time at another temple further out from here to continue his recovery, as if he were to stay here then he would probably not get a lot of rest. Everyone would want to visit him( can't blame them) and he is too nice to turn anyone away.However he will start visiting here on a semi regular basis for 2-3 hours a day.
Thankyou all for your kindness that you have shown over the past few months.
All your kind wishes, and metta, I am sure have contributed to Bhantes improvement.
With metta, Phra Greg. And a happy new year to everyone, well everyone here in Thailand.
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: My Abbot is improving

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings bhante,

I am very pleased for you, your abbot, and your community.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

"Overcome the liar by truth." (Dhp 223)

Ben

Post by Ben »

Thank you Bhante for updating us with the good news of Venerable's improving health!
May it continue to improve.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com..

Vepacitta

Post by Vepacitta »

So glad to hear that your Abbot is getting better, Bhante!

Best wishes from Mt. Meru,

V.
I'm your friendly, neighbourhood Asura

Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Sadhu bhante!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com