Are you Pagan?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
andre9999

Re: Are you Pagan?

Post by andre9999 »

bodom wrote:
Individual wrote:It's not cool for people to give money to idiots like Sylvia Browne or to light a candle, toss salt in a circle, say "mote it be," and think you're somehow solving your problems.

If you love Paganism so much, though, I hope you have an equal love for Hindu deva worship, fire sacrifices, and tantra.
Where did I say I condone these types of actions and how did you possibly come to the conclusion that I "love" Paganism so much?

Are you aware there are some out there who use the name "Buddhism" to make a profit off of peoples fears and irrational beliefs? Should the whole Buddhist religion be characterized, associated with and defined by these few peoples actions?:
Bodom, if you love Paganism so much, then why don't you marry it?
peewee.jpg
peewee.jpg (15.72 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
I know it's off-topic, but I couldn't help myself.
bodom

Post by bodom »

lol you get a free pass on that one. After all who doesn't like Pee Wee?!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Individual

Post by Individual »

andrer9999 wrote:
bodom wrote:
Individual wrote:It's not cool for people to give money to idiots like Sylvia Browne or to light a candle, toss salt in a circle, say "mote it be," and think you're somehow solving your problems.

If you love Paganism so much, though, I hope you have an equal love for Hindu deva worship, fire sacrifices, and tantra.
Where did I say I condone these types of actions and how did you possibly come to the conclusion that I "love" Paganism so much?

Are you aware there are some out there who use the name "Buddhism" to make a profit off of peoples fears and irrational beliefs? Should the whole Buddhist religion be characterized, associated with and defined by these few peoples actions?:
Bodom, if you love Paganism so much, then why don't you marry it?
peewee.jpg
:rofl:
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Virgo wrote:
bodom wrote:Im reluctant as it is to identify myself as a"Buddhist". Pagan? I don't see the need for another label.
You may not, but people will label you, I am sure.

Kevin :namaste:
Who cares what other people think anyway. :smile:

Who needs to explain it. Be a mystery unto the world.
AcousticBuddhist20

Post by AcousticBuddhist20 »

Actually, I am. I did research on it, and it kinda fit my beliefs, so I would consider myself a buddhist-pagan or pagan-buddhist.
plwk

Post by plwk »

tiltbillings wrote:Off topic stuff sent to Avici.
The meta or literal one? :tongue: