Super Bowl today!!!

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Annapurna

Re: Super Bowl today!!!

Post by Annapurna »

bodom wrote:
kayy wrote:
Annabel wrote:What did the Buddha say

Is that the start of a joke?
Haha thats what I was thinking.

:anjali:
"Whereas some priests and contemplatives, living off food given in faith, are addicted to heedless and idle games such as these — eight-row chess, ten-row chess, chess in the air, hopscotch, spillikins, dice, stick games, hand-pictures, ball-games, blowing through toy pipes, playing with toy plows, turning somersaults, playing with toy windmills, toy measures, toy chariots, toy bows, guessing letters drawn in the air, guessing thoughts, mimicking deformities — he abstains from heedless and idle games such as these. This, too, is part of his virtue.
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not for laypeople, I guess.

So, happy indulging. ;)
Kare

Post by Kare »

It was shown on TV here in Norway. I watched it for a while - an excellent meditation on total and complete boredom. Then I found something else to do ...
Mettāya,
Kåre
bodom

Post by bodom »

Kare wrote:It was shown on TV here in Norway. I watched it for a while - an excellent meditation on total and complete boredom. Then I found something else to do ...
Now thats a spoil sport!!!
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
MJH

Post by MJH »

I watched here in Norway too! Lot's of fun.... in fact, I took today off from work! I do it every year! :woohoo:

Does it count that I'm an American expat? :smile:
bodom

Post by bodom »

MJH wrote:I watched here in Norway too! Lot's of fun.... in fact, I took today off from work! I do it every year! :woohoo:

Does it count that I'm an American expat? :smile:
The Super Bowl really should be a national holiday here in the states.

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
MJH

Post by MJH »

bodom wrote: The Super Bowl really should be a national holiday here in the states.
:jumping:

To be fair, the reason I take the day off is because the game isn't over until 4am here.
Perry

Post by Perry »

Now THAT is what I would call a super bowl, just look at the design!