Betting on Obama's Speech

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Ben

Betting on Obama's Speech

Post by Ben »

Hi all

For a bit of light hearted relief, I thought I would share this story with you...

Bookie offers odds on Obama speech

January 20, 2009 - 10:57AM

n Irish bookie is offering odds on phrases that may be used by US president-elect Barack Obama in his inauguration speech tomorrow.

In a range of inauguration-themed bets, punters can place bets on the duration of Obama's speech, the TV ratings and what "cliche" he will first mention during his address on Tuesday.

The best odds on offer for the content of his speech are 8-1 for "Change has come", 10-1 for "Yes we can" and 12-1 for "Fundamental belief", "As I stand here today", "Defining moment" and "God Bless America".

At the other end of the spectrum, long shots include 500-1 for "Always bet on black!" and 250-1 for "Let's get ready to rumble" and "Life is like a box of chocolates," said bookmakers Paddy Power.

For the full article: http://www.theage.com.au/world/bookie-o ... -7l1i.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm looklng forward to watching the inauguration on the box, it should be a hum-dinger!
Cheers

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Betting on Obama's Speech

Post by DNS »

Here's a long-shot, perhaps 1 million to one:

(After finishing the speech or after being sworn-in): I am a man of faith . . . now which way is Mecca ?

:twisted: Just kidding.