Why do Americans not have to announce which country they are from?

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
SDC

Re: Why do Americans not have to announce which country they are from?

Post by SDC » Sun May 13, 2018 4:00 pm

No_Mind wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Of course not in India!! Almost fully high school students and few (say 10%) from community colleges, nursing school, exam prep to be a firefighter or ASVAB

:namaste:
So via computer or phone? Same difference. Just curious.

My experience with young people is that they are not insulated to the degree you are asserting. And I am a father to American children, so I'll let you know how they turn out as they grow up.

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Sun May 13, 2018 4:11 pm

SDC wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 4:00 pm
No_Mind wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Of course not in India!! Almost fully high school students and few (say 10%) from community colleges, nursing school, exam prep to be a firefighter or ASVAB

So via computer or phone? Same difference. Just curious.

My experience with young people is that they are not insulated to the degree you are asserting. And I am a father to American children, so I'll let you know how they turn out as they grow up.
Computer .. and online white board and voice through browser

I said general trend. Do not take it personally. You are a Buddhist .. of course your kid and David's kid will be more aware 8-)

I know one thing: that I know nothing

SDC

Post by SDC » Sun May 13, 2018 5:27 pm

No_Mind wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 4:11 pm

I said general trend. Do not take it personally. You are a Buddhist .. of course your kid and David's kid will be more aware 8-)

Dude...after all of these years, I wouldn't take anything from you impersonally, but I also can be honest with you without any ill will. :smile:

What I think is a general trend is that young people are better informed than they were 20 years ago. For now, just like in the 60's and again in the early 90's, it is cool to know a thing or two.