Online games addiction

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
oncereturner

Re: Online games addiction

Post by oncereturner »

Yes I have a survivor character, also made the chopper. Wasted my Saturday with playing,

I guess Mara is laughing now. "I easily tempted this foolish dude again, he plays instead of practicing dhamma"

Mara:

"And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech."

— SN 45.8
oncereturner

Post by oncereturner »

dylanj wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:58 pm stop playing them. renounce them all forever. it's the best & only real option
You convinced me! I deleted the game, reverted all progress forever. I feel much better.

THANK YOU! :)

:namaste:
"And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech."

— SN 45.8
Alīno

Post by Alīno »

Well done Retourner !!! :hug: :anjali: :twothumbsup:
oncereturner wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:37 pm Yes I have a survivor character, also made the chopper.
I used to be a prepper ^^ With food for several mounth, arms, water, medecine, communication etc...

It's pretty close to right view about anicca, but the very opposite about anatta... While Dhamma teach how to let all go and die with no accquisitions, survivalism tel you how to protect your life and not to die by acquisition of many sorts of objects :)
I had a question about being prepper and buddhist at the same time, i think to create a topic about it, perhaps there is some "enlightened preppers" ^^ :guns:
Ajahn Nanadassano (before ordaining) : Venerable Ajahn, what is the bigest error that buddhist do in their practice?
Ajahn Jayasaro : They stop practicing ...
oncereturner

Post by oncereturner »

Nwad wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:09 am Well done Retourner !!! :hug: :anjali: :twothumbsup:
oncereturner wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:37 pm Yes I have a survivor character, also made the chopper.
I used to be a prepper ^^ With food for several mounth, arms, water, medecine, communication etc...

It's pretty close to right view about anicca, but the very opposite about anatta... While Dhamma teach how to let all go and die with no accquisitions, survivalism tel you how to protect your life and not to die by acquisition of many sorts of objects :)
I had a question about being prepper and buddhist at the same time, i think to create a topic about it, perhaps there is some "enlightened preppers" ^^ :guns:
Sorry, I didn't know what is prepper, but googled it. No, I'm not a prepper. :smile:

— SN 45.8
oncereturner

Post by oncereturner »

dylanj wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:58 pm stop playing them. renounce them all forever. it's the best & only real option
My friend. I have one last zombie shooter game on my online account. It's called dead target. I have a lot of "money and gold " in the game thanks to lot of playing and micro transactions. This is not so addictive, but very violent. It says "headshot for money" and and provides simple missions. It celebrates the Chinese new year with golden weapons. I agree with Virgo, I have to steam off after a stressful work. But there must be better ways to do it IMO. It causes adrenaline rush and high blood pressure.

Should I delete this too forever?

:thanks: :shrug:

— SN 45.8
Alīno

Post by Alīno »

oncereturner wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:14 am But there must be better ways to do it IMO.
Jhana ? :toilet: :anjali:
Ajahn Nanadassano (before ordaining) : Venerable Ajahn, what is the bigest error that buddhist do in their practice?
Crazy cloud

Post by Crazy cloud »

oncereturner wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:14 am
My friend. I have one last zombie shooter game on my online account. It's called dead target. I have a lot of "money and gold " in the game thanks to lot of playing and micro transactions. This is not so addictive, but very violent. It says "headshot for money" and and provides simple missions. It celebrates the Chinese new year with golden weapons. I agree with Virgo, I have to steam off after a stressful work. But there must be better ways to do it IMO. It causes adrenaline rush and high blood pressure.

Should I delete this too forever?

:thanks: :shrug:
Hi sonny, dinner is on the table! ... oh mom, just 15 more Head shots and then I will be champion over a 1000 000 clean shots!!! :jumping:
Well done my little lamb, said mom ... :clap:
If you didn't care
What happened to me
And I didn't care for you

We would zig-zag our way
Through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain

Wondering which of the
Buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing
- Roger Waters
oncereturner

Post by oncereturner »

Deleted this game, and all the progress. I found another online game account ( lots of "treasure, gems") called eternium, deleted it too permanently.

There is no game on my device!

— SN 45.8
oncereturner

Post by oncereturner »

I also checked my gaming computer, deleted 31 games, and more than 3500 music files.

:anjali:

— SN 45.8
Alīno

Post by Alīno »

Aaaah !!! What a wonderfull taste of freedom ! :)
dylanj

Post by dylanj »

oncereturner wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:11 pm Deleted this game, and all the progress. I found another online game account ( lots of "treasure, gems") called eternium, deleted it too permanently.

There is no game on my device!

Born, become, arisen – made, prepared, short-lived
Bonded by decay and death – a nest for sickness, perishable
Produced by seeking nutriment – not fit to take delight in

Departure from this is peaceful – beyond reasoning and enduring
Unborn, unarisen – free from sorrow and stain
Ceasing of all factors of suffering – stilling of all preparations is bliss