I suggest you to watch it !

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Alīno

I suggest you to watch it !

Post by Alīno »

:strawman:
Ajahn Nanadassano (before ordaining) : Venerable Ajahn, what is the bigest error that buddhist do in their practice?
Ajahn Jayasaro : They stop practicing ...
binocular

Re: I suggest you to watch it !

Post by binocular »

Nwad wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:21 am:strawman:
What do you think is wrong with the film?
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Alīno

Post by Alīno »

binocular wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:04 pm
Nwad wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:21 am:strawman:
What do you think is wrong with the film?
I think it can bring avertion in one's mind?
Ajahn Nanadassano (before ordaining) : Venerable Ajahn, what is the bigest error that buddhist do in their practice?
Ajahn Jayasaro : They stop practicing ...
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Nwad wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:17 pmI think it can bring aversion in one's mind?
I watched the video & found it to be realistic, which can bring dispassion (viraga) to the mind rather than aversion. To make such a video requires much giftedness & insight.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

A good video. That person knows their Dukkha, scores highly on Samudaya, is quite weak on Nirodha, and fails on Magga.
Circle5

Post by Circle5 »

A great movie but why not more movies about the positive side of things ? Modern people are infinitely better than people of the past. Why not a video showing the abundance of wealth we now enjoy, the huge life span, great healthcare, efforts done to help animals, etc.

When I was little, there was a sick stray dog living around my block. He was so sick that no veterinary in the city could help him. Fortunately there is an american non-profit association in my city that sent the dog on an airplane to america where he got treated by a good vet. The dog is still alive today and even has a facebook profile.

Just think about that for a moment. Am american non-profit organization from a random easten european city spent a couple of grand to save a stray dog. Such thing were not possible in the past. The period we are living now is a great one in terms of generosity and quality of life.
bodom

Post by bodom »

That was amazing thanks for sharing. Reminded me of Pink Floyds The Wall.

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
chownah

Post by chownah »

DooDoot wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:35 pm
Nwad wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:17 pmI think it can bring aversion in one's mind?
I watched the video & found it to be realistic, which can bring dispassion (viraga) to the mind rather than aversion. To make such a video requires much giftedness & insight.
It's a distopian cartoon hyperbolic charicature.....and you find it to be realistic?

Wow.

'splains alot.
chownah