Hillary gave Away all our Uranium!

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
JeffR

Re: Hillary gave Away all our Uranium!

Post by JeffR »

chownah wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:15 am Innocent until proven guilty....indictment is not proof of guilt.
chownah
There are a lot of "innocent" people who have committed dangerous crimes roaming free under this adage.
Therein what are 'six (types of) disrespect'? One dwells without respect, without deference for the Teacher; one dwells without respect, without deference for the Teaching; one dwells without respect, without deference for the Order; one dwells without respect, without deference for the precepts; one dwells without respect, without deference for heedfulness; one dwells without respect, without deference for hospitality. These are six (types of) disrespect.
:Vibh 945
chownah

Post by chownah »

JeffR wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:15 am
chownah wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:15 am Innocent until proven guilty....indictment is not proof of guilt.
chownah
There are a lot of "innocent" people who have committed dangerous crimes roaming free under this adage.
Not just an adage.
Presumption of Innocence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence
an excerpt:
In many states, presumption of innocence is a legal right of the accused in a criminal trial, and it is an international human right under the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 11. Under the presumption of innocence, the legal burden of proof is thus on the prosecution, which must collect and present compelling evidence to the trier of fact.
chownah
alan

Post by alan »

Not "Fake News". Mueller is cracking down and getting guilty people to admit their crimes.

in the end, I will win. Because I said God Dam Trump is working for the Russians. I will be proven right.
JeffR

Post by JeffR »

chownah wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:06 am
chownah
Not just an adage.
Presumption of Innocence
an excerpt:
In many states, presumption of innocence is a legal right of the accused in a criminal trial, and it is an international human right under the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 11. Under the presumption of innocence, the legal burden of proof is thus on the prosecution, which must collect and present compelling evidence to the trier of fact.
chownah
I'm not referring to presumptions; I'm referring to what is. I person who is guilty is guilty, no matter what you or anyone else wants to believe.
Therein what are 'six (types of) disrespect'? One dwells without respect, without deference for the Teacher; one dwells without respect, without deference for the Teaching; one dwells without respect, without deference for the Order; one dwells without respect, without deference for the precepts; one dwells without respect, without deference for heedfulness; one dwells without respect, without deference for hospitality. These are six (types of) disrespect.
chownah

Post by chownah »

JeffR wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:16 am
chownah wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:06 am

Not just an adage.
Presumption of Innocence
an excerpt:
chownah
I'm not referring to presumptions; I'm referring to what is. I person who is guilty is guilty, no matter what you or anyone else wants to believe.
yeah but if you treat them like they are guilty because you are wrong and it turns out that they are not guilty then you have treated them wrongly...
chownah
JeffR

Post by JeffR »

chownah wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:40 am
yeah but if you treat them like they are guilty because you are wrong and it turns out that they are not guilty then you have treated them wrongly...
chownah
???????????????????
No one insinuated such a thing except you.