Astral Projection

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
BlueLotus

Astral Projection

Post by BlueLotus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:34 am

Woke up in the middle of the night to deafening loud noises and the whole body feeling like it was electrified. Started at the ceiling absolutely terrified and not knowing WTF is happening. Several seconds later, I got off bed, walked to the door, and was looking at my body. I screamed and instantly was back in my body, shaking.

Read up later about astral projection.

It was real but was it really real? I know people consciously astral travel but is there anyone here who has this experience? What am I to do???? Am I to develop this? Is it even real?

BlueLotus

Re: Astral Projection

Post by BlueLotus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:35 am

And, why me? I can't even meditate well!!

Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:32 pm

BlueLotus wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:34 am
Woke up in the middle of the night to deafening loud noises and the whole body feeling like it was electrified. Started at the ceiling absolutely terrified and not knowing WTF is happening. Several seconds later, I got off bed, walked to the door, and was looking at my body. I screamed and instantly was back in my body, shaking.

It was real but was it really real? I know people consciously astral travel but is there anyone here who has this experience? What am I to do???? Am I to develop this? Is it even real?
When we sleep, the body needs rest but not the "spirit".

is a "natural faculty" of any human being.

if you practice meditation for example, this experience can happen with greater lucidity.

Congratulations, you had an experience that many spiritualists want to have. now you know that you are more than a body.

study more on the subject to end the doubts.

Astral projection
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

How to Perform Astral Projection
https://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Astral-Projection

:namaste:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/

Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm

BlueLotus wrote:

This is called sleep paralysis.

As an aside:

"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:28 pm

BlueLotus wrote:

Is it possible for you to video record your sleep? I do not know if a cell phone can record several hours .. maybe a video camera could

Something like this

I know one thing: that I know nothing

aflatun

Post by aflatun » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:29 pm

Pseudobabble wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm
BlueLotus wrote:

This is called sleep paralysis.
Yes, and it happens to me too (and a few people I know). I wouldn't worry about it too much, and if it frightens you I recommend NOT playing with it or trying to induce it! Actually I recommend not playing with it trying to induce it anyway, seriously (because I think it is "real" enough, if you follow me...)
"People often get too quick to say 'there's no self. There's no self...no self...no self.' There is self, there is focal point, its not yours. That's what not self is."

Ninoslav Ñāṇamoli
Senses and the Thought-1, 42:53

"Those who create constructs about the Buddha,
Who is beyond construction and without exhaustion,
Are thereby damaged by their constructs;
They fail to see the Thus-Gone.

That which is the nature of the Thus-Gone
Is also the nature of this world.
There is no nature of the Thus-Gone.
There is no nature of the world."

Nagarjuna
MMK XXII.15-16

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:03 pm

aflatun wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:29 pm
Yes, and it happens to me too (and a few people I know). I wouldn't worry about it too much, and if it frightens you I recommend NOT playing with it or trying to induce it! Actually I recommend not playing with it trying to induce it anyway, seriously (because I think it is "real" enough, if you follow me...)
Very interesting. Can you expand on it please. Will like to hear more of what happens

I know one thing: that I know nothing

LG2V

Post by LG2V » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:39 pm

That sounds scary, but lucky in a way. I've been trying to astrally project for ages, and I haven't had much success.
Here are some excellent sites for giving free Dana (Click-Based Donation):
http://freerice.comhttp://greatergood.com/www.ripple.orgwww.thenonprofits.com

paul

Post by paul » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:06 pm

This experience should be seen as valuable verification of the separation between mind and body, although interdependent. The body is confined to the human plane, but the mind has the potential to wander through all the realms. The division should be consolidated by defining the difference between mentality and materiality in the waking state.
"Knowing in this way means that we can separate out the properties — the properties of matter and those of the mind — to see how they interact with one another, how they change. It's something really fascinating..."---"The Details of Pain", Upasika Kee Nanayon.

Aloka

Post by Aloka » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:23 am

BlueLotus wrote:

Are you sure you weren't dreaming ? I thought I was awake and that I clearly saw Santa Claus waving to me outside my bedroom window as a child, but it was obviously just a dream. I also used to dream I was flying. However, these days I usually sleep peacefully without dreaming at all.

Sometimes dreams can appear to be very real and they can seem to merge into the waking stated as one is waking up. The internal sounds of the body can also be magnified on some occasions when one is falling asleep or awakening.

Had you had any alcohol or drugs before you went to bed ?

My suggestion would be to just let it go, forget about it and meditate and practice mindfulness regularly. We all have weird dreams at some time or another, sometimes after having a lot to eat before going to bed!

Be well and happy :anjali:

BlueLotus

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Aloka wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:23 am
Are you sure you weren't dreaming ?
Yes. Absolutely certain without any trace of doubt that I was awake.
Aloka wrote:
I thought I was awake and that I clearly saw Santa Claus waving to me outside my bedroom
Okay but I saw no santa. I saw my lifeless body lying there like a used sack. It was real.
Aloka wrote:
Had you had any alcohol or drugs before you went to bed ?
I don't do drugs or alcohol. I was awake! It was a vividly alert experience.
Aloka wrote:
My suggestion would be to just let it go, forget about it and meditate and practice mindfulness regularly. We all have weird dreams at some time or another, sometimes after having a lot to eat before going to bed!
Don't you think that it's kinda strangely egoistic that you have already decided that what I saw was a dream? :shrug:

BlueLotus

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:22 pm

LG2V wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:39 pm
That sounds scary, but lucky in a way. I've been trying to astrally project for ages, and I haven't had much success.
I have been trying to induce it by meditating but couldn't get that experience again. Several times, I came so close to the stage of hearing deafening noises but that scares me so much, it disturbs the whole process.

Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:56 am

OBERF - Out of Body Experience Research Foundation

http://www.oberf.org/

I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/

BlueLotus

Post by BlueLotus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:36 am

Lucas Oliveira wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:56 am
OBERF - Out of Body Experience Research Foundation

http://www.oberf.org/

Thanks, Buddy!