Sattva/Louise

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
JeffR

Re: Sattva/Louise

Post by JeffR »

Louise,
Sorry to hear of your physical difficulties. With your refuge in the Dhamma, I know you will remaion peaceful. May you be well.
-Jeff
Therein what are 'six (types of) disrespect'? One dwells without respect, without deference for the Teacher; one dwells without respect, without deference for the Teaching; one dwells without respect, without deference for the Order; one dwells without respect, without deference for the precepts; one dwells without respect, without deference for heedfulness; one dwells without respect, without deference for hospitality. These are six (types of) disrespect.
:Vibh 945
Cittasanto

Re: Sattva/Louise

Post by Cittasanto »

I will be keeping you in my citta while I meditate.

Much Metta
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill