Sattva/Louise

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
SandyLa

Sattva/Louise

Post by SandyLa »

I haven't heard from her in a long time...I responded to an email she sent me almost a year ago...and she never responded back.
I hope she is OK. Anyone heard from her ????? I see she hasn't been here at the forum for a long time (about a year?)
I'm an old friend from E-Sangha ......(Kunga Lhadzom)

Thank you

:anjali:
retrofuturist

Re: Sattva/Louise

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Not sure. Have you tried Dharma Wheel?

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

I remember that she had problems with her eyes. I also hope she is OK.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
SandyLa

Post by SandyLa »

I just received an email from her..... :woohoo:

Please pray for her health to get better ...

Thank you...

:heart:
perkele

Post by perkele »

SandyLa wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:11 am :anjali:

I just received an email from her..... :woohoo:

Please pray for her health to get better ...

Thank you...

That's good to hear. I hope she gets better!

SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Hello Sattva
We hope that you find some comfort from Buddha's teaching.

=============

"Well Kassapa, how is it with you? Are you bearing up, are you enduring (your suffering)? Do your pains decrease or increase? Are there signs of your pains decreasing and not of increasing?"

"No, Ven. Sir, I am not bearing up, I am not enduring, the pain is very great. There is a sign not of pains decreasing but of their increasing."

"Kassapa, these seven factors of enlightenment are well expounded by me and are cultivated and fully developed by me. They conduce to perfect understanding, to full realization (of the four Noble Truths) and to Nibbana. What are the seven?

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/aut ... ction.html
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Do send her all my love.
And I hope to hear from her soon
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

SandyLa wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:11 am Please pray for her health to get better ...
Thank you...
Hope she gets better!

sattva

Post by sattva »

Thanks everyone. I left this site quite awhile ago and I actually don't spend as much time online. I even got rid of my Facebook account. Health wise, I have had so many health issues and surgeries over the last few years, including one in September, one in October, and one in November. I almost died in October and had to have surgery in November due to complications from the one in October. I have several more coming up, but what can I say? These bodies fall apart. I hope everyone is well and happy.
With metta,
sattva
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Louise,

Take care.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SDC

Post by SDC »

So good to hear from you, Louise. Glad you're still kicking butt!
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

sattva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:45 am Thanks everyone. I left this site quite awhile ago and I actually don't spend as much time online. I even got rid of my Facebook account. Health wise, I have had so many health issues and surgeries over the last few years, including one in September, one in October, and one in November. I almost died in October and had to have surgery in November due to complications from the one in October. I have several more coming up, but what can I say? These bodies fall apart. I hope everyone is well and happy.
With metta,
sattva
I hope the forthcoming surgeries go well
Take care and know we are always here for you

Hugs
Cittasanto
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Thanks for checking in Louise. May you be well and happy.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
sattva

Post by sattva »

Little did I know when I did my last post that I would face death once again and so far live to face another day. So, I was sitting on a roller kind of walker that has a seat. I must have not had the brakes locked totally. I was making homemade valentines. People are having a hard time remembering if it was January 29 of 30th. The seat collapsed. It was my dad's (who passed this summer) and it did the same thing to him. He landed on carpeting and I landed on tile floor with concrete underneath. I immediately started getting a headache and at some point I called my sister and asked her to take me to the hospital. By the time she arrived, I was throwing up, shaking, and sweating. I told her that I didn't think I could make it to her car and she would have to call an ambulance. From that point on, I have almost no memories.

Apparently, they took me to the ER and found out that my brain was shifting positions because I had a subdural hemotoma,. I was bleeding inside the brain. The took me by helicopter to another hospital. There they cut open my skull to stop the bleeding. Memories of the trip and experiences there are almost non existent. What memories I do have are distorted and disconnected, what a bad trip must feel like. Now, I am in a rehab/nursing facility trying to get well. Cognitively, I am doing better. I am still working on strength, endurance, and balance. They say I might be here for another month! I am only in the last few weeks starting to feel that time is flowing normally again. I was in such bad shape that everyone thought I was going to die. I was oblivious to it. I do remember at one point chanting. My son and his wife, sister and my best friend all traveled to the town where they operated on me and I don't remember any of them being there. It all feels so strange!
I am getting great rehab! I still need those other surgeries though. :jawdrop:
With lots of metta, :heart:
Louise/sattva
sattva

Post by sattva »

Little did I know when I did my last post that I would face death once again and so far live to face another day. So, I was sitting on a roller kind of walker that has a seat. I must have not had the brakes locked totally. I was making homemade valentines. People are having a hard time remembering if it was January 29 of 30th. The seat collapsed. It was my dad's (who passed this summer) and it did the same thing to him. He landed on carpeting and I landed on tile floor with concrete underneath. I immediately started getting a headache and at some point I called my sister and asked her to take me to the hospital. By the time she arrived, I was throwing up, shaking, and sweating. I told her that I didn't think I could make it to her car and she would have to call an ambulance. From that point on, I have almost no memories.

Apparently, they took me to the ER and found out that my brain was shifting positions because I had a subdural hemotoma,. I was bleeding inside the brain. They took me by helicopter to another hospital. There they cut open my skull to stop the bleeding. Memories of the trip and experiences there are almost non existent. What memories I do have are distorted and disconnected, what a bad trip must feel like. Now, I am in a rehab/nursing facility trying to get well. Cognitively, I am doing better. I am still working on strength, endurance, and balance. They say I might be here for another month! I am only in the last few weeks starting to feel that time is flowing normally again. I was in such bad shape that everyone thought I was going to die. I was oblivious to it. I do remember at one point chanting. My son and his wife, sister and my best friend all traveled to the town where they operated on me and I don't remember any of them being there. It all feels so strange!
I am getting great rehab! I still need those other surgeries though. :jawdrop:
With lots of metta, :heart:
Louise/sattva